The Scholarship is open to women and men from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master’s degree program in a development-related topic.
Subject to funding, JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 30 Preferred Programs spanning an array of development topics and for 10 Partner Programs at universities in the U.S., Europe, and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
After earning their degree, developing country scholars commit to return to their home country to use their new skills and contribute to their countries’ social and economic development.
Table of Contents
World Bank Graduate Scholarship
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
1. Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period.
Besides the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
2. Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
3. While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
Eligibility for World Bank Graduate Scholarship
1. Be a national of a World Bank member developing country on this list;
2. Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
3. Be in good health;
4. Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
5. Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
6. Be employed in development-related work in a paid full-time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application.
Have at least 3 years of paid development-related employment since earning a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) and acquired within the past 6 years from the Application Deadline.
7. By the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’s programs.
Also, located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens.
The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
8. Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative”.
- University of Glasgow UK 2022 PGT Excellence Scholarships
- University of Stirling UK 2022 Karen Napier Scholarship, MSc Investment Analysis
- University of Queensland (UQ) 2022 India Global Leaders Scholarships in Australia
- Symbiosis Centre for International Education 2022 International Scholarships
- €5,000 Holland Government Scholarships For International Students 2022/2023
Selection Process of World Bank Graduate Scholarship
The JJ/WBGSP uses the following process to review eligible scholarship applications from developing country nationals, with the aim of identifying the candidates with the highest potential, after completion of their graduate studies, to impact the development of their countries.
Two qualified assessors independently review each eligible application and score the application on a scale of 1 to 10, taking into account four main factors and the degree of cohesion among them:
1. Quality of Professional Experience (30% weight)
2. Quality of Professional Recommendations (30% weight)
Quality of Commitment to your Home Country (30% weight)
4. Quality of Education Background (10% weight)
The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat uses the average score of the two assessors and the following criteria to select the finalists:
1. Maintaining a reasonably wide geographical distribution of awards
2. Maintaining a reasonable distribution of awards across gender
3. Unusual circumstances/hardships, when assessing the employment experience and other aspects of an application;
4. Giving scholarships to those applicants who, other things being equal, have limited access to financial resources for graduate studies abroad.
Application for World Bank Graduate Scholarship
An application will be accepted and reviewed if the applicant submits only one completed application electronically through the online application.
27 May 2022
We hope this information has satisfied your curiosity. What not share to bless someone out there? Click on the Share button on this site to help share with friends and loved ones.