Wireless Communications and Networks, 2e, provides one of the most up-to-date and accurate overviews of wireless principles, technology, and application. It is ideal for courses in wireless networking, wireless communications, wireless data communications or wireless technology in departments of Computer Science, Engineering, IT, and Continuing Education.
The rapid growth of mobile telephone use, satellite services, and the wireless Internet are generating tremendous changes in telecommunications and networking. Combining very current technical depth with a strong pedagogy and advanced Web support, this new edition provides a comprehensive guide to wireless technology—exploring key topics such as technology and architecture, network types, design approaches, and the latest applications.
Table of Contents
“The author is focused on his topic, precise in his use of words, and balanced in his approach. Advantages to the text’s approach include the author’s ability to: a) explain complex concepts clearly and concisely, b) present detailed information succinctly, and c) use figures and tables to further explain difficult concepts.” — Anne M. Cox, Austin Community College
From the Back Cover
Best-selling author, William Stallings, gives an up-to-date coverage of both wireless communications and wireless networks with new expanded coverage of Wi-Fi and WiMax. Designed for students and professionals, this text explores the key networking topics with a unique approach covering: technology and architecture, network design approaches, and types of networks and applications.DISTINGUISHING KEY FEATURES
- Provides an entire chapter on spread spectrum, which is pervasive in wireless technology today.
- Also provides an entire chapter on satellite communications. This topic remains an important area within wireless communications.
- Thorough coverage of cordless systems. This is an interesting and important new area that extends the traditional cordless telephone technology over greater distances and for greater numbers of users.
- Extensive coverage of fixed wireless access, also known as wireless local loop, and IEEE 802.16 standards. This has become a very important area for bringing high-speed access to subscribers in place of land lines.
- Devotes a whole chapter on Mobile IP Wireless Application Protocol (WAP). Wireless Internet and Web access are driving forces in the evolution of wireless technology and are a must have.
- Complete coverage of Wireless LANs, including IEEE 802.11 and Bluetooth. This is a broad and important area, and the book devotes three chapters to this realm.
We also Recommend
- The Diffuse Interface Approach in Materials Science: Thermodynamic Concepts and Applications of Phase-Field Models Pdf
- Introduction to Microprocessors and Microcontrollers by John Crisp PDF
- Modern Control Engineering by P.N Paraskevopoulos PDF
- Automobile Electrical and Electronic Systems PDF
- Objective Electrical Technology by V.K Mehta PDF
About the Author
Dr. William Stallings is an American author. He has written textbooks on computer science topics such as operating systems, computer networks, computer organization, and cryptography. He also maintains a website titled Computer Science Student Resource.
He has authored 17 titles, and counting revised editions, a total of over 40 books on various aspects of these subjects. In over 20 years in the field, he has been a technical contributor, technical manager, and an executive with several high-technology firms.
Currently he is an independent consultant whose clients have included computer and networking manufacturers and customers, software development firms, and leading-edge government research institutions.