WAEC Registration 2022/2023: Registration requirements (Form Fee, Date, Deadline and Pin Generation)
Registration for the West African Examination Council Examination started on the 6th December 2021 and is scheduled to end on the 23rd of January 2022. While the examination has been slated to begin in April 2022, school candidates (internal candidates) and external candidates (private candidates) 2022/2023 candidates are asking questions like: has WAEC Registration for 2022 has started?, what is the cost of WAEC registration for 2022/2023? and how to buy the WAEC Pin and register online. This article has been carefully put together to answer these questions, address your concerns and offer a step by step guide for 2022/2023 WAEC Exams registrations.
Table of Contents
The West African Examinations Council e-Registration System was introduced in 2019 to keep up with the rapid tech era. The e-registration platform is user-friendly and easy to use and purpose for the online registration for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination. Candidates and schools across West Africa can now register online through the Internet. This eliminates potential information errors during registration that may only be detected while processing the paper forms by WAEC. It also makes the registration process easier in cases of a large number of candidates in a school. Timetable and Syllabus for the examination could easily be printed or downloaded by candidates.
The Head of Nigeria National Office, West African Examination Council, WAEC, Mr Patrick Areghan announced that the 2022 West African Senior School Certificate Examination, WASSCE, “cost of registration has been raised from N13,950 to N18,000 to meet the demands of economic reality”
This applies to both School Candidates (Internal Candidates) and Private candidates(external candidates)
The registration fee for WAEC 2022 is Eighteen Thousand Naira Only (N18,000).
Registration for WAEC 2022 differs for School candidates and external candidates.
- School candidates are to carry out their registration on the official WAEC Portal https://registration.waecdirect.org/Register/Start
- External candidates are to visit the official WAEC portal to carry out their registration https://registration.waecdirect.org/
To register the 2022 WAEC online, kindly follow the steps as outlined below;
- To register for the 2022 WAEC exams kindly visit https://registration.waecdirect.org/Register/Start
- Click on “General Information” on the dashboard
- Select the first option “How To Register” to see the 9 steps outlined for a successful WAEC 2022 registration
- To choose your subjects refer back to the dashboard and click “Available Subjects” to see the complete list of available WAEC subjects
- To download the biometric data capture software and complete your registration, go back to this dashboard and select “Biometric Data Capture Software” under the “ General information “ menu.
- To begin your registration, click on “Registration Form” to download the registration form and select “Registration Pin/Code” to download the registration Pin/Code
Although WAEC has provided a correctional portal, it is important candidates fill in their details accurately. Follow the steps below to fill the registration form correctly:
Click on “Registration Form” to download the registration form on https://registration.waecdirect.org/Register/Start. This form is divided into 4
- Biodata Section: Candidates must correctly input their personal details in this section. These details include: name, gender, disability (if applicable), marital status, maiden name(if applicable), date of birth, nationality, and state of origin
- Contact Information: Candidates are to fill inaccurate information and methods by which they can be contacted. This information includes: Telephone number, Valid email, residential information (address, city and state) and Postal information (address, city and state)
- Examination Location: State and preferred examination town
- Examination Subjects: In this section, candidates will have to fill their 8 or 9 subjects including the compulsory subjects: English Language and General Mathematics.
All Nigerian candidates (School and Private candidates) for the 2022 WAEC exam must meet the following registration requirements:
- Provide National Identity Number (NIN): The WAEC in Nigeria has made the National Identification Number mandatory for the 2022 WAEC exam. Get your NIN here
- WAEC ePin
- List of Subjects to register
- Passport photographs
- Addresses of the candidates
Personal Information/Data Required for Registration:
- Full Name (Arrangement and spelling should tally with the information contained in your National Identity Number)
- Valid Date of Birth (D.O.B)
- A valid email
- State of Origin
- Local Government
- When is the registration closing date (Deadline) for WAEC 2022? The deadline for registration for the 2022 WAEC SSCE exam is 23rd January 2022.
- Must I have NIN? Yes, to register and take the WAEC 2022 exam you must have a National Identification Number.
- Do I need to be registered as a student in a secondary school to write WAEC there? No. If you choose a certain school or centre for your examination you must not be a registered student but you can register to be an external student for WAEC
- Can I register for WAEC from ss2 or ss1? NO!! WAEC has issued a stern warning stating that only students in the Senior Secondary School Three (SS3) that are qualified and permitted to register and write the 2022 WAEC exam.
- Are WAEC questions repeated? This isn’t certain, however it is strongly advisable to avidly student past questions and answers to families yourself with the methods and way questions are asked and answered. Do not however rely solely on them, study your books and textbooks.
The West Examinations Council (WAEC) has announced that there will be no extension for the registration deadline. WAEC has a strong warning to all 2022 WAEC candidates the deadline for the registration will not be extended as in other years.
In a document released in 2019 WAEC stated “WAEC through its commitment to combating examination malpractice, consistent innovation, deployment of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in its operations, has deployed a software application for detecting cases of collusion (malpractice) among candidates during the conduct of Objective tests. The new technological solution is capable of detecting most of the collusion cases that take place during the conduct of objective tests in WASSCE examinations, and reporting on the candidates who were implicated, using the charge sheets, that are electronically generated by the computer. Candidates and other stakeholders are hereby informed about this new development so that they would be advised to desist from examination malpractice forthwith because ignorance will not be accepted as an excuse”