Version Control by Example By Eric Sink PDF
Download Version Control by Example By Eric Sink PDF book free online – From Version Control by Example By Eric Sink PDF: This book uses practical examples to explain version control with both centralized and decentralized systems. It starts with an overview of version control systems, and shows how being distributed enables you to work more efficiently in our increasingly mobile society.
Topics covered include:
- Basic version control commands and concepts
- Introduction to Distributed Version Control Systems (DVCS)
- Advanced branching workflows
- Strengths and weaknesses of DVCS vs. centralized tools
- Best practices
- How distributed version control works under the hood
There’s a change in the air. High-profile projects such as the Linux Kernel, Mozilla, Gnome, and Ruby on Rails are now using Distributed Version Control Systems (DVCS) instead of the old stand-bys of CVS or Subversion.
About the Authors
- Eric Sink, founder of SourceGear, has been developing version control tools for over a decade. He is a popular conference speaker and blogger. Eric is also the author of Eric Sink on the Business of Software (Apress, 2006).