Türkiye Scholarships: Fully funded scholarship for International students 2022
Türkiye Scholarships is a comprehensive and unique government-funded higher education scholarship program in the Republic of Türkiye with the primary aim to build a network of future leaders by providing financial aid to international students who have outstanding academic records. This scholarship provides equal opportunities to successful students around the world in order for them to receive education at international standards in the most prestigious universities in Türkiye.
It is a very competitive and considered the most comprehensive scholarship program in the world and it develops mutual cooperation between Turkey and other countries and contributes to regional and global development in many fields from academia to art, from economy to literature, technology to architecture. It offers university and department placement, monthly scholarships, university tuition, health insurance, housing, Turkish language course, plane tickets and free academic and cultural programs.
Türkiye Scholarships are awarded to outstanding students and researchers to pursue full-time or short-term programs at the top universities in Turkey and it is aimed to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies. This scholarship consists of different and specific scholarship programs for each education level, offering many qualified scholarship opportunities ranging from long-term bachelor’s, master’s as well as PhD scholarships to research and merit-based scholarships, art scholarships to joint scholarship programs created with international reputable institutions.
Türkiye Scholarships considers everything that international students will need during their academic studies while discovering Turkey and acquiring new skills. These scholarships are unique because it’s not only inclusive of financial support, tuition fee, accommodation and health insurance but also provide university placement and academic, social and cultural facilities to its awardees at all levels of higher education.
Host Institution(s): 207 Türkiye Higher Education Institutes
Level of programs/Field(s) of Study: Eligible Bachelors, master’s programmes and Doctoral programmes
Award Number: Not stated
Award value: Fully funded
Duration: Depending on the course and level of study. Benefits are applied throughout the study duration
Target Group: Students from foreign countries.
Deadline: 20th February 2022
- Applicants who are citizens of other countries. Students who are Turkish citizens and individuals who have lost Turkish citizenship are not eligible
- Graduates or those who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022)
- Researchers and academics
- Applicants must not be currently enrolled in programs at Turkish universities at the level of education they want to apply for.
Minimum Academic Achievement
- For undergraduate candidates: 70%
- For graduate candidates: 75%
- For candidates of Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy): 90%
- For undergraduate programs: being under the age of 21
- For master’s programs: being under the age of 30
- For PhD programs: being under the age of 35
- For Research Scholarship: being under the age of 45
How to apply
- Create a personal account on the Türkiye Scholarship Application program here
- Fill out the application form and upload all required documents. For better chances include your extracurricular activities and achievements in any field
- Fill in your university and Program preferences
- Write an original letter explaining your preferences, elections and goals for the future
- After reviewing all the application stages and documents, approve and submit your application
For applications made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS), all candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
- A valid identity document, ID card or passport
- A photograph of the candidate taken within the last 1 year
- National exam results (if available)
- Diploma or temporary graduation certificate
- International exam results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if required by the chosen university or program
- International language test results such as TOEFL, DELF if required by the chosen university or program
- A proposal for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out for PhD applications
- University and department placements are provided, unlike other higher education scholarship programs.
- Tuition fees are fully covered
- Applicants have the opportunity to learn the language of the country with a 1-year Turkish language course. This helps them in their daily life as resources are diversified during academic research.
- Accommodation is provided for students arriving in a new country.
- Turkiye Scholarships support students on their journey to Turkey and the flight ticket when students return to their home country at the end of their education period and cover the once-off flight ticket.
- Applicants receive full advantage of widespread health services when necessary with health insurance.
- A monthly stipend of 1000 TL at the undergraduate level, 1,400 TL at Master’s level and 1,800 TL at PhD level per month is paid to successful students.
In most Turkish universities, many programs are taught in the Turkish language. Some departments and universities however offer some programs in English and other languages. Students who apply for such programs must be able to provide an internationally accepted language proficiency certificate. (TOEFL or other equivalent certifications if the university is officially stated acceptable). Most of these programs may require international admission test results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.). Check language requirements and instructions while filling out your application form in the application system.
Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams. All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess a C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language medium programs) must attend a 1-year Turkish Language Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.