Top Scholarships for Indian Students to Study Abroad 2022
Tuition fees for international students can be so expensive. Indian students looking for financial aid for their academic pursuits can now apply for these international scholarships. We have put together the top 5 scholarships for Indian and international students in 2022 ranging from fully funded, partially funded, and fellowships. Go through them, find one that best suits you and apply, 2022 is already here.
Global professionals are highly sought after fully funded scholarship programs for masters-level students awarded annually. The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to positive and sustainable development in their home countries and regions while allowing students to grow professionally and educationally.
Fully funded, covering tuition fees, a monthly payment of SEK 10,000 for living expenses throughout the study period.
Level of study:
Participating Swedish Higher Education Institutions and Swedish Universities
Number of Awards:
350 scholarships will be available in 2022.
SISGP eligibility criteria include:
- Applicants be a citizen of any of the 42 eligible countries for SI scholarships.
- Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by the 7 of April 2022.
- Must have a minimum of 3000 hours of work experience before 10 February 2022 from a maximum of three organizations/companies. Full or part-time job hours are acceptable,
- Applicants can only apply for master’s programs eligible for SI scholarships. Although priority is given to programs within certain subject areas, depending on the country of citizenship.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or civil society engagements.
- Apply for a master’s program: Apply for a master’s program at universityadmissions.se, open from 18th Oct 2021 to 17 January 2022. Once you have submitted your application for the master’s program (s) you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals.
- Apply for global professional scholarships: You can now apply for the scholarship after you have completed your application to a master’s program. Submit documents (CV, letter of reference, copy of national ID Card/ valid passport, completed and valid proof of work and leadership experience, motivation) digitally through the online application portal. The portal is open from 10 February 00:01 until 28 February 2022 14:59 CET.
Deadline: 28 Feb 2022
Official Scholarship Website: Swedish Institute Scholarships for global professionals
This is a postgraduate research scholarship in tumors of the brain It supports Ph.D. level program(s) in the field of medical and technology taught at the University of Sydney by offering scholarships to Indian and other international students.
Partial funding: $35,000 per annum for up to 4 years
Level of study:
University of Sydney
Number of Awards:
- Must have enrolled in the Ph.D. program at the Sydney Medical School
- Posses honors or master’s degree in a related field with a substantial research component, or equivalent.
- Conduct research on causes, early diagnosis, and treatment of brain tumors
- Should have also applied for an RTP scholarship
There is no need for a separate application. Successful candidates will be notified at the end of each year if they are successful in receiving one of these scholarships that will commence the following year.
Official scholarship website Sydney scholarships John Arthur Freeman Scholarship
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships is one of the fellowships awarded by the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) designed for outstanding Indians to pursue a master’s degree program at select U.S. colleges and universities.
These fellowships are for highly motivated individuals who demonstrate leadership qualities, have completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree, have at least three years of professional work experience, and are committed to returning and contributing to their communities. The fellowships are for one to two years.
Award value: Fully funded, also covers J-1 visa support, Round-trip economy class air travel from applicants home city to the host institution in the U.S., living and related costs; and accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines.
Level of study: Postgraduate (Masters)
Eligible courses: Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Economics; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Affairs; International Legal Studies; Journalism and Mass Communication; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
Host Universities/Institutions: Participating Institutions
Number of Awards: Not Specified
- Must not be residing in the U.S. during the recruitment and placement cycle (January 2021-July 2022);
- Must have a high level of academic/professional achievement and complete an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants must either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree; or a full-time postgraduate diploma from a recognized Indian institution if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the English language
- USIEF must be informed well in advance if she /he needs to travel abroad (e.g. conference) during the application cycle July 2021 – June 2022;
- Must be in good health and fit
- Must not be applying for or holding permanent residence (green card) in the United States
- Must readily agree to give the undertaking to return to India on the completion of the fellowship.
- must have at least three years’ full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to the proposed field of study by the application deadline;
- Should demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- Shouldn’t have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program
- Submit applications online at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022
- Before starting your online application, please carefully review the FNMaster’s Applicant Instructions before online application, Please refer to FNMaster’s Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online application:
FNMaster’s Applicant Annexure
FNMaster’s Employer’s Endorsement Form
Website: Oficial fellowship website: Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowships
Inlak Shivdasani Scholarships are awarded to exceptionally talented and young Indians with the aim of improving their skills and interaction when exposed to a community abroad.
Award value: USD 100,000 and also covers adequate living expenses and one-way travel allowance and a health allowance.
Level of study: Undergraduates,Full-time Masters, M.Phil, or a Doctorate program.
Host Universities/Institutions: Imperial College London, Royal College of Art (RCA) London, the University of Cambridge via the Cambridge Trust, Sciences Po, Paris.
Number of Awards: Not specified
- Indian citizens and residents who have been continuously resident in India for the past six months, at the time of making the scholarship application.
- Should possess a high first-class degree (minimum 60% or CGPA 6.30 or 2.4 GPA) or equivalent from a recognized university/institution in India.
- Indian citizens who are applicants but hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized institution abroad, must have resided continuously or been employed or have been studying in India, for at least two years, post their return to India to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- An applicant who has already started postgraduate education at an institution abroad is also not eligible to apply.
- Must be admitted into the institution and chosen course at the time of application
- Show and have a good command of English, having proficiency proof attached to the application.
- Any application received which does not have valid documents for a 2022 intake will be rejected.
- The applicant’s maximum age at the time of application is 30 years of age in the year of application.
- The scholarship applicants must be high achievers academically and otherwise and the Foundation will need proof of the same.
- The applicants are judged on not only their present achievements but also on their future potential.
Application for the scholarship has to be made online on the portal which is accessible from the website.
Website: Please visit the official foundations’ website for more information and details on how to apply. Inlaks foundation.org
The Hinrich Foundation is a unique Asia-based philanthropic organization that works to advance mutually beneficial and sustainable global trade. Focusing on two major areas; Research and Education
In partnership with Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, they have provided two full-tuition scholarships for postgraduate study in international affairs. The aim is to educate current and future generations of leaders to improve the level of governance and prosperity in Asia. Successful candidates will be opportune to engage with the Hinrich Foundation Alumni Association (HFAA) for mentorship, networking, and possible career opportunities.
Award value: Fully funded
Level of study: Postgraduate studies (Masters and Ph.D.)
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of International Affairs (MIA)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Ph.D. in Public Policy (Ph.D.)
- Double Master in Public Policy and European Affairs (MPP-MEA)
Host Universities/Institutions: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Number of Awards: 2
Open to international students ready to work in Asia after graduation and display strong interests in global trade
Prospective scholars need to apply directly with the LKYSPP Graduate Programmes Office.
- Submit an online application
- Attach supporting documents and must be completed and submitted by 11:59 pm (Singapore time, GMT+8) on the day of the deadline.
- Master of Public Policy (MPP): 1 August – 15 December every year
- Master of International Affairs (MIA): 1 August – 15 December every year
- Master of Public Administration (MPA): 1 August – 31 December every year
- Ph.D. in Public Policy (Ph.D.): 1 August – 10 December every year
- Double Master in Public Policy and European Affairs (MPP-MEA): 1 October – 13 February 2022.
Website: Oficial Foundation website Hinrich foundation