Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs
The Tony Elumelu Foundation, the leading African-funded and founded philanthropy committed to empowering African entrepreneurs, is now accepting applications for the 2021 cohort of the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme.
The Programme is a 10-year, $100 million commitment to identifying, training, mentoring, and funding 10,000 African entrepreneurs. The Programme’s objective is to generate at least 1,000,000 new jobs and create at least $10 billion in new business revenue across Africa. In its 7th year, the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme has empowered over 9,000 entrepreneurs, using a bespoke and robust selection, training and implementation process to create visible and sustainable impact across all 54 African countries.
Outstanding African entrepreneurs running existing start-ups with high growth potential and aspiring business owners with transformative ideas are invited to apply. We are particularly looking to grow representation from French, Arabic and Portuguese speakers, as well as female entrepreneurs.
Inspired by Tony Elumelu’s economic philosophy of Africapitalism and his vision to institutionalise luck and democratise opportunity for a new generation of African entrepreneurs, the Foundation has implemented one of the most ambitious entrepreneurship programmes globally.
This year’s intervention prioritises the economic recovery of small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) and young African entrepreneurs, following the Covid-19 disruption to economic activities.
Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme Eligibility
- The programme is open to all citizens and legal residents of any one of the 54 African countries. The proposed business must be registered and operate in Africa.
- Applicants must be 18 years old and must not be considered a minor in their country of residence. There is no upper-limit age restriction.
- Applicants can be outstanding African entrepreneurs running existing start-ups with high growth potential and aspiring business owners with transformative ideas;
- All businesses must be business ideas or an early-stage company, in the range of 0 to 3 years old.
- Your application must focus on ONE business only.
- They are particularly looking to grow representation from French, Arabic and Portuguese speakers, as well as female entrepreneurs.
- The programme is not open to research institutions, faith-based organisations, value-adding trading companies, government contractors and businesses not located in Africa. Businesses must not adversely affect the environment, lives and property. Business ideas must be for-profit and must be the original work of those making the submission.
Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme Benefits
You could be selected to join our current 9,631 beneficiaries across 54 African countries to receive:
- Business Training
- $5,000 non-refundable seed capital
- Global Networking Opportunities
How to Apply for the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
All applications must be submitted ONLINE through the APPLICATION PORTAL. You must complete an application form by answering a series of mandatory questions and uploading additional documents and identification materials. After submission, you will receive a confirmation email of receipt.
The deadline is midnight (WAT) on 31 March 2021.