Completely revised and updated, The Lathe Book, 3rd Edition is the definitive guide to this essential turning machine written by legendary woodturning author, teacher, and lathe designer Ernie Conover. In the 17 years since the 2nd edition came out, there have been tremendous advances in lathes, accessories, and sharpening equipment. Conover brings this classic reference book up-to-date, incorporating the many recent innovations in the lathe and its accessories.
- Introduces the novice or professional woodturner to the expanded range of lathes now available, including invaluable information on choosing a lathe.
- Features many new chucks for holding work.
- Offers comprehensive advice on selecting turning tools, including the non-popular carbide-insert tools.
- Outlines the groundbreaking developments in sharpening equipment.
- Emphasizes the importance of full-face shield protection, hearing protection, and dust collection.
- Includes information on basic lathe maintenance.
We also Recommend
- The Space Barons by Christian Davenport Pdf
- The Diffuse Interface Approach in Materials Science: Thermodynamic Concepts and Applications of Phase-Field Models Pdf
- Introduction to Microprocessors and Microcontrollers by John Crisp PDF
- Modern Control Engineering by P.N Paraskevopoulos PDF
- Automobile Electrical and Electronic Systems PDF
About the Author
Ernie Conover is a veteran woodworking author with nine books, many videos, and hundreds of articles to his credit. His work has received numerous awards and been the subject of several one-man shows. Ernie lectures widely for clubs, trade show groups, and woodworking stores and is frequently called upon as a consultant and expert witness in the woodworking field. He is also a lathe designer, having developed his own lathe and worked on the designs of the Nova and the Powermatic 3520b. When not writing, lecturing, or consulting he is active in providing academic oversight and teaching at Conover Workshops (www.conoverworkshops.com)—a craft school founded by the Conover family.