Ten Cate’s Oral Histology – Understand oral histology and learn to apply your knowledge in the clinical setting with this definitive reference. Now in full color and thoroughly updated, Ten Cate’s 8th Edition provides insight on contemporary research and trends in oral histology, embryology, physiology, oral biology, postnatal growth and development that is essential to your success in oral health!
- Topics for Consideration boxes present expert perspectives on current trends and encourage additional research.
- Content outlines provide quick reference to specific topics within chapters.
- Logical organization enhances your understanding of chapter content and helps you review more effectively.
- Up-to-date recommended readings direct you to additional sources of relevant information.
- Concise, user-friendly writing style makes complex concepts easier to grasp.
- Companion CD includes over 300 multiple choice questions and over 100 labeling exercises that help you assess your comprehension and prepare for Part I of the board exam.
- NEW! Full color format showcases vivid photomicrographs and line drawings to enhance your understanding of key oral histology learning.
- NEW! Student resources on Evolve website include labeling exercises, a multiple-choice exam with instant feedback, figures from the book, and interactive drag and drop exercises.
- NEW! Chapter on facial growth and development broadens your oral histology knowledge base.
- NEW! Four heavily revised chapters keep you up to date on timely issues in oral histology.
“This textbook, aimed at undergraduate students, suits its purpoise perfectly, as it is straightforward and easy to understand…One of the best features of this book is the use of images and diagrams. There is a mixture of colour and monochrome images and they complement the text well. Not only do they aid understanding but they make the book more engaging…This book on the fundamental elements of dentistry is interesting, understandable and a comprehensive source of information for dental students.”
Vital, October 2012
“This book, now written by Professor Antonio Nanci… is a classic and a core text on the subject. Indeed, Professor Ten Cate’s name is now virtually synonymous with the subject of oral histology.”
British Dental Association News, March 2013