Master the fundamentals of satellite communications
Satellite Communications – Highly regarded for more than a decade as both a teaching text and professional tutorial, this classic guide to satellite communications has been revised, updated, and expanded to cover global wireless applications, digital television, and Internet access via satellite.
- In-depth, textbook-style coverage combined with an intuitive, low-math approach makes this book particularly appealing to the wireless and networking markets
- New to this edition: Global wireless services, including 3G; Antenna Options, Error Coding
Table of Contents
From the Back Cover
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The Most Complete and Accessible Guide to the Fundamentals and New Developments in Satellite Communications Technology
The leading reference and text in the field for over a decade, Satellite Communications, has been revised, updated, and expanded to cover breakthroughs in global wireless applications, digital television, and Internet access via satellite. Filled with worked examples and 200 illustrations, the new edition offers a clear, state-of-the-art presentation of all satellite communications topics. Readers will find detailed coverage of orbits and launching methods…radio wave propagation… polarization…antennas…analog signals…digital signals …the space link…interference…FDMA, TDMA, and CDMA…satellite services, the Internet, ATM and TCP/IP…digital television broadcasting…mobile services and networking…and much more.
The new Fourth Edition features:
- In-depth coverage of today’s satellite communication innovations, combined with an intuitive, low-math approach for ease of understanding
- Updated information on antennas and arrays, error coding methods, mobile services, digital television, and satellite-based Internet services
This “Bible” of Satellite Communications Includes:
* Overview of Satellite Systems * Orbits and Launching Methods * Geostationary Orbit * Radio Wave Propagation * Polarization * Antennas * The Space Segment * The Earth Segment * Analog Signals * Digital Signals * Error Control Coding * The Space Link * Interference * Satellite Access * Satellites in Networks * Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) Television * Satellite Mobile and Specialized Services
We also Recommend
- The Space Barons by Christian Davenport Pdf
- The Diffuse Interface Approach in Materials Science: Thermodynamic Concepts and Applications of Phase-Field Models Pdf
- Introduction to Microprocessors and Microcontrollers by John Crisp PDF
- Modern Control Engineering by P.N Paraskevopoulos PDF
- Automobile Electrical and Electronic Systems PDF
About the Author
Dennis Roddy is Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada and has more than 40 years of experience in both industrial and technical education. He is also the author of Radio and Line Transmission, Volumes 1 and 2, Introduction to Microelectronics, and Microwave Technology;and coauthor (with J.Coolen) of Electronic Communications; and Electronics.