Rails on Containers By Katherine Juell PDF
Download Rails on Containers By Katherine Juell PDF book free online – From Rails on Containers By Katherine Juell PDF: This book is designed to introduce you to using containers and Kubernetes for full-stack development. You’ll learn how to develop a full-stack application using Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL with Sidekiq, and how to manage them all – first with Docker, then with Docker Compose, and finally with Kubernetes.
The topics that it covers include how to:
- Get started developing an application about sharks using the Ruby on Rails framework
- Extend the application’s data model to incorporate user-submitted information about sharks
- Integrate Sidekiq into your application to handle asynchronous data processing
- Containerize your application and streamline your development workflow using Docker Compose
- Migrate your Docker Compose development workflow to Kubernetes, finishing with a completely cloud-native application
Each chapter is designed to build progressively from the first. However, if you’re familiar with a topic, or are more interested in a particular section, feel free to jump to the chapter that best suits your purpose.