Pharmacy Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians
Download Pharmacy Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians PDF book free online – From Pharmacy Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians: Buy From Amazon
As with any subject, you must master some basic material before you can tackle the main subject. The following topics are cover in Unit 1.
- The Metric System
- Apothecary / Avoirdupois / Household Systems
- Dimensional Analysis and Ratio Proportion
- Rounding Numbers
Unit 2: Auxiliary Subjects
Unit 2 covers a few subjects which you may or may not need, depending on your school and / or practice.
- Scientific Notation
- Significant Figures
- Roman Numerals
Unit 3: Unit Conversions
Converting between the various units of measurements used in pharmacy is an essential skill and mastering this unit will set you up for success in the more complex calculations.
- Unit Conversions-The Basics
- Unit Conversions Within the Metric System
- Unit Conversions Within the Household System
- Unit Conversions Between Metric, Household and Apothecary
- Unit Conversions Involving Hours and Minutes
Unit 4: Dosage Calculations
This unit starts by covering the terminology then moves on to the various ways to set up and solve the problems. Three levels of problems follow, starting with easy, one-step problems, and moving on to more complex problems.
- Dosage Calculations-The Basics
- Dosage Calculations Levels 1, 2, and 3
- Body Surface Area Dosing Calculations
Unit 5: IV Flow Rate Calculations
As with the dosage calculation unit, this unit starts off with the basics then moves on to calculations, starting with easy calculations and progressing to more complex calculations.
- IV Flow Rate Calculations-The Basics
- IV Flow Rate Calculations Level 1 and 3
- IV Flow Rate Adjustments
Unit 6: Percent and Ratio Strength Calculations
As a pharmacy technician, you will encounter drugs expressed in a percent strength every day and it is important that you master this unit.
- Percent Strength
- Percent Error
- Ratio Strength
Unit 7: Concentrations / Dilutions / Reconstitution Calculations
No pharmacy calculation course would be complete without a section on concentrations and dilutions. The knowledge gained in the previous unit will come in handy here.
- Concentrations and Dilutions
- Powder Volume Calculations
- Serial Dilution
Unit 8: Miscellaneous Subjects
Be sure to take the self-assessment exam and work on any problem areas.
- Milliequivalent Calculations
- Temperature Conversion Calculations
- Pharmacy Calculation Puzzles
- Self-Assessment Exam