Download Pharmacology for Medical Graduates – The Prep Manual for Undergraduates now, more aptly named as Pharmacology for Medical Graduates, Third Edition includes significant expansion and revision of the existing Second Edition.
The style and presentation form has been maintained – simple diagrams, self-explanatory flow charts, tables and student friendly mnemonics. Some new topics like cognitive enhancers, CNS stimulants, Drugs for the treatment of Psoriasis and Acne vulgaris have been introduced.
Definitions, treatment schedules as per WHO (for tuberculosis, leprosy, malaria, HIV), RNTCP (for TB) guidelines and classification of blood pressure as per JNC, 2003 guidelines have been included and we acknowledge the same. This extensively revised edition will be useful not only for the students of medicine but also for practicing doctors.
Salient Features – Pharmacology for Medical Graduates
- Format based upon the pattern which is followed by the examiners in framing questions in the exams- both theory and Practical.
- Updated content with addition of new drugs
- Addition of new flowcharts, Figures and tables to facilitate quick learning and greater retention of knowledge
- Specific description of drugs under short headings makes it easy to understand.
- Easy to understand and point-wise presentation of information, useful for exam going UG students.
- Supplementing text with simple diagrams, self-explanatory flow charts, tables and student friendly mnemonics.
About the Author
Tara V Shanbhag is presently Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, Srinivas Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mukka, Mangalore, India. She has extensive experience in teaching pharmacology to undergraduate students of medical, dental, nursing and allied health sciences. She is an honourable recipient of the ‘Good Teacher’ award. She has also authored books on Pharmacology for Dentistry and Pharmacology for Nurses. She has to her credit several articles in various national and international journals. She has been an examiner to various colleges and universities.
Smita Shenoy is presently Additional Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka, India. She has 15 years of teaching experience and has been an examiner to various colleges and universities. She has been honoured with the ‘Good Teacher’ award. She is a PhD guide. She has authored books on pharmacology and has published several articles in national