The easy way to take the confusion out of organic chemistry
Organic chemistry has a long-standing reputation as a difficult course. Organic Chemistry I For Dummies takes a simple approach to the topic, allowing you to grasp concepts at your own pace.
This fun, easy-to-understand guide explains the basic principles of organic chemistry in simple terms, providing insight into the language of organic chemists, the major classes of compounds, and top trouble spots. You’ll also get the nuts and bolts of tackling organic chemistry problems, from knowing where to start to spotting sneaky tricks that professors like to incorporate.
- Refreshed example equations
- New explanations and practical examples that reflect today’s teaching methods
- Fully worked-out organic chemistry problems
Baffled by benzines? Confused by carboxylic acids? Here’s the help you need—in plain English!
Recommended: Calculus Workbook For Dummies 3rd Edition by Mark Ryan
Table of Contents
From the Back Cover
- Clear explanations of organic chemistry principles
- Logical approaches to solving organic chemistry problems
- Tips to help you ace your Organic Chemistry I course
Grasp the basics of organic chemistry
If you’re feeling challenged by organic chemistry, fear not! This easy-to-understand guide explains the basic principles in simple terms, providing insight into the language of organic chemists, the major classes of compounds, and more. Complete with explanations and example equations, this book will help you ace your organic chemistry class!
- Tips on deciphering “organic speak”
- How to determine a molecule’s structure
- Explanations of hydrocarbons
- An overview of chemical reactions
- Specifics on spectrometry
We also Recommend
- The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress Pdf
- The Butchering Art by Lindsey Fitzharris Pdf
- Doing It by Hannah Witton Pdf
- The Science of Trust by Gottman John Pdf
- North American Wildland Plants: A Field Guide Volume 1 Pdf
- Explicit Biology PDF
- Probability and Statistics in Engineering by William W. Hines PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers 10th Edition PDF
- The Coddling of the American Mind by Greg Lukianoff Pdf
- How To Become An Astronaut
- Understanding Statistics by Sture Holm PDF
- 10 Cheapest State Universities in Nigeria (2021)
About the Author
Arthur Winter is a graduate of Frostburg State University, where he received his BS in chemistry. He received his PhD at the University of Maryland in 2007. He is currently a chemistry professor at Iowa State University.
Originally published: 8 July 2005