Paula Bruice’s presentation in Organic Chemistry, Eighth Edition provides mixed-science majors with the conceptual foundations, chemical logic, and problem-solving skills they need to reason their way to solutions for diverse problems in synthetic organic chemistry, biochemistry, and medicine. The Eighth Edition builds a strong framework for thinking about organic chemistry by unifying principles of reactivity that students will apply throughout the course, discouraging memorization.
With more applications than any other textbook, Dr. Bruice consistently relates structure and reactivity to what occurs in our own cells and reinforces the fundamental reason for all chemical reactions–electrophiles react with nucleophiles. New streamlined coverage of substitution and elimination, updated problem-solving strategies, synthesis skill-building applications and tutorials guide students throughout fundamental and complex content in both the first and second semesters of the course.
Recommended: Essentials of Ecology 4th Edition by Michael Begon
Also available as a Pearson eText or packaged with Mastering Chemistry
Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience that can be adopted on its own as the main course material. It lets students highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place, even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Educators can easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their eText and what they learn in class – motivating them to keep reading, and keep learning.
Mastering combines trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform to personalize the learning experience and improve results for each student.Built for, and directly tied to the text, Mastering Chemistry enables an extension of learning, allowing students a platform to practice, learn, and apply outside of the classroom.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone book; Pearson eText and Mastering Chemistry do not come packaged with this content. Students, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If your instructor has assigned Pearson eText as your main course material, search for:• 0135213703 / 9780135213704 Pearson eText Organic Chemistry, 8/e — Access Card
• 0135213711 / 9780135213711 Pearson eText Organic Chemistry, 8/e — Instant Access
If your instructor has assigned Mastering Chemistry for your course, search for:
0134048148/9780134048147 Organic Chemistry Plus MasteringChemistry with eText — Access Card Package, 8/e
Package consists of:
- 0134074661 / 9780134074665 MasteringChemistry with Pearson eText — ValuePack Access Card — for Organic Chemistry, 8/e
- 013404228X / 9780134042282 Organic Chemistry, 8/e
We also Recommend
- Mathematical Analysis I by Elias Zakon
- Geometry with an Introduction to Cosmic Topology
- Download IGCSE Additional Mathematics Textbook
- Schaum’s Outline of Differential Equations, 4th Edition
- Schaum’s 3,000 Solved Problems in Physics by Alvin Halpern
- Schaum’s Outline of Probability and Statistics, 4th Edition
- Organic Chemistry I For Dummies by Arthur Winter 2nd Edition
- Organic Chemistry by Paula Yurkanis Bruice 8th Edition
- Calculus Workbook For Dummies 3rd Edition by Mark Ryan
- Calculus For Dummies by Mark Ryan 2nd Edition
- The Limits of Organic Life in Planetary Systems (Space Exploration and Weather) 1st Edition
- The Art and Craft of Problem Solving, 3rd Edition by Paul Zeitz
About the Author
After graduating from the Girls’ Latin School in Boston, Paula Bruice earned an A.B. from Mount Holyoke College and a Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of Virginia. She then received an NIH postdoctoral fellowship for study in the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Virginia Medical School and held a postdoctoral appointment in the Department of Pharmacology at Yale Medical School. Paula has been a member of the faculty at the University of California, Santa Barbara since 1972, where she has received the Associated Students Teacher of the Year Award, the Academic Senate Distinguished Teaching Award, two Mortar Board Professor of the Year Awards, and the UCSB Alumni Association Teaching Award.