MySQL for the Internet of Things – This book introduces the problems facing Internet of Things developers and explores current technologies and techniques to help you manage, mine, and make sense of the data being collected through the use of the world’s most popular database on the Internet – MySQL.
The IoT is poised to change how we interact with and perceive the world around us, and the possibilities are nearly boundless. As more and more connected devices generate data, we will need to solve the problem of how to collect, store, and make sense of IoT data by leveraging the power of database systems.
The book begins with an introduction of the MySQL database system and storage of sensor data. Detailed instructions and examples are provided to show how to add database nodes to IoT solutions including how to leverage MySQL high availability, including examples of how to protect data from node outages using advanced features of MySQL.
The book closes with a comparison of raw and transformed data showing how transformed data can improve understandability and help you cut through a clutter of superfluous data toward the goal of mining nuggets of useful knowledge.
In this book, you’ll learn to:
- Understand the crisis of vast volumes of data from connected devices
- Transform data to improve reporting and reduce storage volume
- Store and aggregate your IoT data across multiple database servers
- Build localized, low-cost MySQL database servers using small and inexpensive computers
- Connect Arduino boards and other devices directly to MySQL database servers
- Build high availability MySQL solutions among low-power computing devices
“What is great about the book is its bipartite structure of theory and praxis, which leads to a better understanding of the subject matter. … For each chapter with programming examples, the reader can find the source code on the publisher’s website. All of these features make the book a solid primer for working with MySQL when building IoT solutions and very enjoyable to read.” (Klaus K. Obermeier, Computing Reviews, March, 2017)
“This book would be of interest to researchers and practitioners in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). … the book outlines how IoT works, what hardware is currently available for IoT systems, the different approaches to how IoT data is stored and transmitted, the nature of MySQL, the differences between low-cost and high-availability IoT systems, and how the technologies can be used in practice.” (Mark Taylor, Computing Reviews, November, 2016)
We also Recommend
- To Build a Website With CSS and HTML By Erin Pdf
- Title Conversational Git By Alan Hohn Pdf
- Fundamentals of Matrix Algebra By Gregory Pdf
- The Power of Prolog By Markus Triska Pdf
- Getting Started with Enterprise Blockchain Pdf
- An Introduction to Bayesian Thinking By Merlise Pdf
- Deep Learning with Python By Francois Pdf
Originally published: 11 February 2016