[Total: 1 Average: 5]
Music Fundamentals 1 – This collection is the first of five dealing with the rudiments of music.
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction to Pitch Notation in Music
- 2. Clef
- 3. Introduction to the Piano Keyboard
- 4. Pitch: Sharp, Flat, and Natural Notes
- 5. Chromatic and Diatonic Half Steps
- 6. Octave Designations in Music
- 7. Key Signatures
- 8. Major Keys and Scales
- 9. Scale Degrees of the Diatonic Scale
- 10. Enharmonic Spelling
- 11. The Circle of Fifths
About the Contributors
Terry B. Ewell, professor, Department of Music, Towson University Former President, International Double Reed Society
B. M. University of Washington; Bassoon Performance, magna cum lauda
M. A. University of Washington, Music Theory
Ph.D. University of Washington, Music Theory
Terry Ewell is Professor of online instruction and bassoon at Towson University Department of Music. In his 30+ years as a professional musician he has received recognition as a performer, teacher, scholar, and administrator.
Catherine Schmidt-Jones graduated from Rice University in 1985, completing a BA in chemistry, a BA in music and a Master of Music in French horn performance.