Learn to use Excel dashboards and reports to better conceptualize data
Microsoft Excel Dashboards and Reports – Updated for all the latest features and capabilities of Excel 2013, this go-to resource provides you with in-depth coverage of the individual functions and tools that can be used to create compelling Excel reports. Veteran author Michael Alexander walks you through the most effective ways to present and report data.
Featuring a comprehensive review of a wide array of technical and analytical concepts, this essential guide helps you go from reporting data with simple tables full of dull numbers to presenting key information through the use of high-impact, meaningful reports and dashboards that will wow management both visually and substantively.
- Details how to analyze large amounts of data and report the results in a way that is both visually attractive and effective
- Describes how to use different perspectives to achieve better visibility into data, as well as how to slice data into various views on the fly
- Shows how to automate redundant reporting and analysis processes
- Walks you through creating impressive dashboards, eye-catching visualizations, and real-world What-If analyses
Excel Dashboards and Reports, Second Edition is part technical manual, part analytical guidebook, and exactly what you need to become your organization’s dashboard dynamo!
Table of Contents
From the Back Cover
Create versatile, engaging dashboards with Excel
Organizations are hungry for data-driven insights, and the need to turn large amounts of data into meaningful information has made building effective dashboards and reports more important than ever. As one of the most powerful and commonly used business tools, Excel is an ideal platform for synthesizing complex data into clear and effective reporting.
This book provides you with the technical know-how to move from reporting your data with simple tables full of dull numbers to creating meaningful and appealing reporting solutions that will wow an audience. You’ll learn to analyze large amounts of data, present the results, add interactive controls, design eye-catching visualizations, and connect to external data sources with this one-of-a-kind Excel guide.
Let Mr. Spreadsheet show you how to:
- Effectively analyze and present large volumes of data
- Create eye-catching visualizations
- Improve data visibility from different perspectives
- Add interactivity to slice data into various views on the fly
- Connect to external data sources
We also Recommend
- The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress Pdf
- The Butchering Art by Lindsey Fitzharris Pdf
- Doing It by Hannah Witton Pdf
- The Science of Trust by Gottman John Pdf
- North American Wildland Plants: A Field Guide Volume 1 Pdf
About the Author
Michael Alexander is a Microsoft MVP who has written several books on advanced business analysis with Access and Excel, including 101 Ready-To-Use Excel Macrosand the Access 2013 Bible. A consultant and developer, he offers workshops and webinars through www.datapigtechnologies.com.
John Walkenbach, aka Mr. Spreadsheet, has written hundreds of articles and over 50 books, including multiple editions of the bestselling Excel Bible. He also created the award-winning Power Utility Pak.