Turn to Medical Microbiology, 8th Edition for a thorough, clinically relevant understanding of microbes and their diseases. This succinct, easy-to-use text presents the fundamentals of microbiology and immunology in a clearly written, engaging manner―effectively preparing you for your courses, exams, and beyond.
- Coverage of basic principles, immunology, laboratory diagnosis, bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology help you master the essentials.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter correlate basic science with clinical practice to help you understand the clinical relevance of the organisms examined.
- Clinical cases illustrate the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases, reinforcing a clinical approach to learning.
- Full-color clinical photographs, images, and illustrations help you visualize the clinical presentations of infections.
- Summary tables and text boxes emphasizing essential concepts and learning issues optimize exam review.
- Additional images, 200 self-assessment questions, NEW animations, and more.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience includes access — on a variety of devices — to the complete text, videos, images, and references from the book.
- Thoroughly updated chapters include the latest information on the human microbiome and probiotics/prebiotics; including a new chapter on Human Microbiome In Health and Disease.
- NEW chapter summaries introduce each microbe chapter, including trigger words and links to the relevant chapter text (on e-book version on Student Consult), providing a concise introduction or convenient review for each topic.
- Online access to the complete text, additional images, 200 self-assessment questions, NEW animations, and more is available through Student Consult.
Book Review by Amazon Customer
I love this textbook
I love this textbook, it is clearly written and it has both intermediate and advanced material broken down into various chapters. I used it for advanced microbiology Fall of 2016 and the previous edition for the introductory course three years ago. It has a great retrovirus section, bacteriology, up-to-date material, excellent depictions and the online material is many times better than its predecessor.
I highly recommend buying this book new, it’s worth every penny for undergraduate, graduate or medical school. It even helped for MCAT studies. The diagrams are excellent and it’s very easily to read 25-30 pages without difficulty or prior microbiology knowledge, but later on it does get into advanced subjects and goes into more detail. However it eases you in, instead of just throwing you into the deep water so to speak. Excellent read!