LOAN AND ADVANCES AT JIVAN COMMERCIAL CO-OPERATIVE BANK
MBA Project Report – The main purpose of this study is to know that which banks loan is more suitable to take by market survey. Whole project consists of bank details. History of banking in India, major players in the banking sector and Regulatory Environment details under which JCCB is working.
This report also covers the major departments of JCCB viz. Marketing Department, Finance Department, Service Department and Human Resource Department.
Banks are among the main participants of the financial system. Banks also perform certain activities which are ancillary to this business of accepting deposits and lending.
Since Banking involves dealing directly with money, governments in most countries regulate this sector rather stringently. Banks provide almost all payment services by conducting checking or current accounts for customers, paying cheques drawn by customers on the bank, and collecting cheques deposited to customers’ accounts.
Banks also enable customer payments via other payment methods such as telegraphic transfer. Banks have added new payment channels like Internet banking, Mobile Banking, ATMs etc.
Banks activities can be classified into 5 categories:-
1) Retail Banking: dealing directly with individuals
2) Business Banking: providing services to mid-size business
3) Corporate Banking: dealing with large business entities
4) Private Banking: providing wealth management services to High Net worth Individuals
5) Investment Banking: relates to helping customers raise funds in the Capital Markets and advising on mergers and acquisitions.
In addition to this Banks are now moving towards Universal banking which is a combination of commercial banking, investment banking and various other activities including insurance.