Kubernetes: Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Infrastructure PDF
Download Kubernetes: Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Infrastructure By Brendan Burns, Joe Beda, and Kelsey Hightower PDF book free online – From Kubernetes: Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Infrastructure Brendan Burns, Joe Beda, and Kelsey Hightower PDF: Kubernetes radically changes the way applications are built and deployed in the cloud. Since its introduction in 2014, this container orchestrator has become one of the largest and most popular open-source projects in the world.
This practical book shows developers and ops personnel how Kubernetes and container technology can help you achieve new levels of velocity, agility, reliability, and efficiency.
It explains how this system fits into the lifecycle of a distributed application. You’ll learn how to use tools and APIs to automate scalable distributed systems, whether it’s for online services, machine learning applications, or a cluster of Raspberry Pi computers.
- Create a simple cluster to learn how Kubernetes works
- Dive into the details of deploying an application using Kubernetes
- Learn specialized objects in Kubernetes, such as DaemonSets, jobs, ConfigMaps, and secrets
- Explore deployments that tie together the lifecycle of a complete application
- Get practical examples of how to develop and deploy real-world applications in Kubernetes
About the Authors
- Brendan Burns, a Distinguished Engineer at Microsoft and Director of Engineering at Microsoft Azure, works on Azure and is co-founder of the Kubernetes project.
- Joe Beda is the lead engineer for the Google Compute Engine project.
- Kelsey Hightower has worn every hat possible throughout his career in tech and enjoys leadership roles focused on making things happen and shipping software.