Download Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach PDF book free 9th edition – From Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach PDF:Through eight outstanding editions, Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology has been the classic specialty textbook, providing the perfect ophthalmology foundation for trainees and a valuable reference source for experienced practitioners. Buy from Amazon
Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology A Systematic Approach PDF
Building on the previous edition by Dr. Brad Bowling, Dr. John Salmon from Oxford University has comprehensively revised the textbook. The 9th Edition retains Dr. Kanski’s highly effective format of succinct text and visually dynamic presentation, providing authoritative, focused guidance on the diagnosis and management of ophthalmic disorders. Extremely well organized and comprehensive in scope, this visually stunning book reflects the latest advances in the field, facilitating quick comprehension to enhance learning, aid exam preparation and guide clinical practice. As a general ophthalmic textbook, this is the gold standard.
Features: Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology A Systematic Approach PDF
- Uses targeted text, bulleted lists, tables, and visual aids to highlight salient points across all ophthalmology subspecialties.
- Includes 2,600 illustrations, including more than 1,000 new images of common and rare conditions and arrows to show the exact pathology.
- Features detailed updates on new therapeutic interventions for neurological disease and ocular tumours; new imaging techniques such as OCT, OCT angiography, and MRI; and new topics such as circadian rhythms, graft vs host disease and the effects of Ebola virus infection on the eye.
- Presents examination techniques in a new, separate chapter and contains new “tips” on key issues in every chapter.
- Provides up-to-date information on hot topics such as intravitreal treatment with anti-VEGF agents for macular disease, genetic advances in hereditary retinal dystrophies, the use of biological agents in the treatment of uveitis and scleritis and new surgical advances such as MIGS for glaucoma and limbal stem cell grafting.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Trusted clinical guidance in an effective format for reference, retention, and recall
Preface – Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach PDF
In presenting this new edition of Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology, I am reminded of a quotation from Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland: “What is the use of a book”, thought Alice, “without pictures or conversations?”. The ninth edition of this classic textbook is filled with beautiful illustrations and considerable information and is intended to be a useful and comprehensive basis for general ophthalmic practice.
It has been a privilege to work on this remarkable book and I am grateful to Jack Kanski and the staff of Elsevier for entrusting me with the task. The challenge has been to cover the entire field of ophthalmology for a worldwide audience without depending on subspecialists to prepare each chapter. In order to do this, I have maintained Jack Kanski’s unique approach of presenting core clinical knowledge in a systemic and succinct form. Brad Bowling has had a significant influence on the two previous editions and his accuracy and meticulous attention to detail has been extremely helpful. Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach PDF
I have reverted to the format that was used in the sixth edition by starting with an initial chapter on examination techniques. Special investigations remain in the chapters where they are most relevant. Each chapter has been updated and the latest evidence-based diagnostic and therapeutic approaches have been covered, including genetics, immunotherapy and imaging techniques. Many new illustrations have been added and better examples of a range of conditions have been used. Jack Kanski’s idea of including important ‘tips’ has been reintroduced. I have included sufficient practical information for trainees to manage common ophthalmic conditions in the clinic and enough detail on rare conditions to enable them to prepare for their examinations without resorting to the internet. Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach PDF
I have been extremely fortunate to have received help from colleagues past and present, to whom I wish to express my grateful thanks. The photographers and research staff at the Oxford Eye Hospital have been wonderfully supportive. Jack Kanski generously gave me his huge collection of images. My friends in South Africa, Tony Murray (strabismus) and Trevor Carmichael (cornea), provided help with the text and images of pathology that are not easily found in developed countries. You might also like Hepatology at a glance PDF