Introduction to Design Equity – Why do affluent, liberal, and design-rich cities like Minneapolis have some of the biggest racial disparities in the country? How can designers help to create more equitable communities? Introduction to Design Equity, an open access book for students and professionals, maps design processes and products against equity research to highlight the pitfalls and potentials of design as a tool for building social justice.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Learning to Talk about Racism
- Chapter 3: Why History Matters to Design Equity
- Chapter 4: Health Equity and the Built Environment
- Chapter 5: Transportation Equity
- Chapter 6: Information Equity
- Chapter 7: What is Design Thinking and What does it have to do with Equity?
- Chapter 8: Discipline-Specific Professional Design Processes and Equity
About the Contributors
Kristine Miller, Ph.D.