Download In 27 Days by Alison Gervais ePub book free online – From In 27 Days by Alison Gervais ePub: “If you knew you had to do the right thing, but that something bad may happen to you because of it, would you do it anyway?” This hard-hitting, emotional YA story of pain and love; right and wrong; and life and death is a masterful mix of suspense, romance, the paranormal, and the though-provoking questions we all ask surrounding the difficult subject of suicide. Buy from Amazon
- Not the Girls You’re Looking For ePub
- The 100 Best Business Books of All Time ePub
- The one you cannot have by Preeti Shenoy PDF
- Night Hunter by Katerina Martinez PDF
- Glorious by Gregory Benford PDF
- The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory PDF
- Option B by Sheryl Sandberg PDF
- A Minute to Midnight by David Baldacci PDF
- The Guilty by David Baldacci ePub
- The Target by David Baldacci PDF
- Walk the Wire by David Baldacci PDF
Hadley Jamison is shocked when she hears that her classmate, Archer Morales, has committed suicide. She didn’t know the quiet, reserved guy very well, but that doesn’t stop her from feeling there was something she could have done to help him.
Hoping to find some sense of closure, Hadley attends Archer’s funeral. There, she is approached by a man who calls himself Death and offers her a deal. If Hadley accepts, she will be sent back 27 days in time to prevent Archer from killing himself. But when Hadley agrees to Death’s terms and goes back to right the past, she quickly learns her mission is harder than she ever could have known.
Time ticks away as Hadley looks for ways to not only talk to Archer but to know him on a deeper level. But just as she and Archer connect, a series of dangerous accidents starts pushing them apart. Hadley must decide whether she is ready to risk everything – including her life – to keep Archer alive.
In 27 Days:
- Written by award-winning Wattpad sensation Alison Gervais
- Over 25 million reads on Wattpad
- Achieved a number-one ranking in the Adventure category, and has won the hearts of millions of fans around the world
- A story of redemption, first love, and the strength it takes to change the future
- Addresses tough but true topics and problems facing fans ages 13 and up, such as suicide and family issues
“A twist on Groundhog’s Day meets Death, this paranormal tale [In 27 Days] will have readers turning the pages to see if Hadley stops Archer from making a tragic mistake.” (YA Books Central)
Review – In 27 Days by Alison Gervais ePub
I read over a hundred books last year (some better than others), but if I could give an award to my favorite book of 2017, this one would be the winner. I had never heard of the author before, but the book description and glowing reviews made me want to give it a try. I’m so glad I did! It definitely deserves all the praise it gets. The story grabbed me from the first page, and it was impossible to put down. In fact, I read it twice in the same weekend, and I enjoyed it just as much the second time around.
I thought the story would be some kind of a light YA romance, but it turned out to be a lot more. I enjoyed everything about it, but what I loved the most was:
– The main character, Hadley, and her bravery and strong determination to save her classmate Archer’s life at all costs, for no reason other than because it was the right thing to do. Her selflessness, kindness and dedication to those she cares about were inspiring. I also loved her sense of humor and how unassuming and humble she was.
– Archer Morales. The story revolves around him, yet we get to know him not by his words, but by his actions. He didn’t open up to others easily, yet despite his tough exterior and often rude attitude towards Hadley, he comes across as extremely vulnerable and tender hearted, and that made him incredibly appealing. It was also funny to see him trying to resist Hadley’s charms and slowly come out of his hard shell.
– Death. You can’t help but to be sympathetic towards him despite everything.
– Archer’s family. All the members of his large, loving family were interesting characters on their own.
– How the faith of the characters was portrayed respectfully rather than being ignored or mocked.
– The story’s main idea of how a little kindness towards somebody can really make a difference in that person’s life.
Definitely can’t go wrong with this story, I only wish it had been a lot longer, I didn’t want it to finish. 🙂
Review – In 27 Days by Alison Gervais ePub
The publisher presents this a story of redemption, first love, and the strength it takes to change the future. And, how! What a delight. I was a little concerned the story would make light of suicide or depict it in a manner that over-simplifies the subject. Offered an opportunity to change the past, Hadley jumps at the chance. While on the surface, it would appear that Hadley has it all, by the end of the story, it is evident that she needs as much saving as Archer. I was pleased that Alison Gervais went several layers down in her story. Hadley needs familial love; “I hadn’t known it was possible to miss something you’d never had.” Archer needs someone to lighten his brooding.
Hadley isn’t the obvious choice; she is no Pollyanna. But, her ability to go into the gloom and then come back is just what Archer needs: In 27 Days by Alison Gervais ePub
“When I was old enough to understand that death was inevitable, I wanted it to rain the day I died. It seemed symbolic somehow, washing away anything bad and dark about life and beginning anew.”
Their relationship is not easy.
“And this was the thing about words. Said in the wrong place at the wrong time, even if they were full of doubt, words had a habit of sticking around for a long time.”
The obstacles thrown at Hadley are quite extreme. The emphasis on life balances and consequences is loud and clear. I would recommend this book to both the YA set and anyone who has experienced loss. Deserving read.
Details About In 27 Days by Alison Gervais ePub
- Name: In 27 Days
- Author: Alison Gervais
- ISBN: 0310759013
- Language: English
- Genre: Teen & Young Adult Time Travel Fiction, Teen & Young Adult Fiction about Death & Dying, Teen & Young Adult Fiction about Suicide,
- Format: PDF/ePub
- Size: 1 MB
- Page: 352