HOW TO GET COURSERA SCHOLARSHIP/ FINANCIAL AID
Coursera is a leading global online learning platform that offers anyone, anywhere access to online courses and degrees from world-class universities and companies – Yale, Duke University, Illinois, Imperial College of London, IBM, Google, and others. Coursera partners with over 200 leading universities and companies to offer affordable, flexible, job-relevant online learning to individuals and organizations worldwide.
A range of learning opportunities from hands-on projects and courses to job-ready certificates and degree programs. It offers easy access and a learning field to gain experience and skills that are in demand in the global market.
Coursera’s certifications are recognized globally and can be used to get desired jobs. With more than 82 million learners, 100+ Fortune 500 companies, and over 6,000 campuses, businesses, and governments coming to Coursera, access to world-class learning is guaranteed anytime, anywhere.
Coursera degrees are composed of credit-bearing courses and require payment for access. Although most of the degree programs offer individual degree courses that you can try for free. However, Coursera has 6 financial resources to support applicants financially: Employer tuition reimbursement, US financial resources federal financial aid, scholarships and grants, Private loans, Resources for international students, and Tax credits deductions, and other benefits.
How To Apply For Coursera Financial Aid (Free Certification)
Unlike other financial resources, Coursera scholarships offer 100% free access to a course and its certification. However, it is available for certain courses. Here is a complete guide to getting Financial Aid for your desired course with a certificate and some frequently asked questions.
- Create a Coursera Account: If you don’t have an account already, start by signing up with Coursera. Creating an account is free and easy, Signup here or download the mobile application from google place store or the Apple store.
- Enroll: Search for your choice course, For example, if I want financial aid to study, “Data science”. When I search for Data science, the option “Financial Aid Available” is next to the enroll button. Click on the button and select the ‘continue to application’.
- Fill out the application form: In the first section of the form, you are required to fill in your background Information – Educational background, annual income, employment status, and if you can afford to pay for the course.
The next section contains some questions. Here are the questions you need to answer:
- Why are you applying for Financial Aid? (150 words minimum required)
- How will taking this course help you achieve your career goals? (150 words minimum required)
- If you answered no, please help us understand why.
- Would you consider using a low-interest loan to pay for your courses?
- Submit your application: After answering the above question click the “submit” button. You should get immediate feedback and an email confirming your application has been received and is being reviewed. The waiting period for a response is 14 days. After 14 days, you’ll receive an email from Coursera whether your application is approved or not. If your application is denied, they will also explain the reason, so you can fix the error and re-submit your application.
- Is the Financial Aid option available for every course in Coursera?
Answer: No, not every course has a Financial Aid option available. For some courses, you have to pay or choose other financial resources made available by Coursera.
- Can I re-apply for the Financial Aid after rejection?
Answer: If your application has been rejected, an email containing the reason why your application was rejected will be sent to you. After making the necessary adjustments, you can then reapply and submit. If a specialization has multiple courses, you’ve to apply individually for every course in the specialization.
- Can I start the course with a free trial after submitting the Financial Aid application?
Answer: Don’t apply for the Free-Trial while you’ve submitted the Financial Aid application.
- Is an ID verification required?
Answer: Yes, Some courses require your ID verification. You may be required to submit documents needed for this verification.
- After getting approval for the first course, when should I apply for the next?
Answer: This is solely dependent on you but it is advised you apply for the financial aid of the next course while doing the earlier one. So as you complete the first course, you’ll get the next course approval.
- Can I apply to Coursera’s Financial Aid through Smartphone?
Answer: Yes, through the Coursera mobile app, you can apply for Financial Aid using your smartphone. You can also apply with your laptop or desktop.