Download How Google Works by Eric Schmidt ePub book free – From How Google Works by Eric Schmidt ePub: Google Executive Chairman and ex-CEO Eric Schmidt and former SVP of Products Jonathan Rosenberg came to Google over a decade ago as proven technology executives. Buy from Amazon
How Google Works by Eric Schmidt ePub
At the time, the company was already well-known for doing things differently, reflecting the visionary-and frequently contrarian-principles of founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin. If Eric and Jonathan were going to succeed, they realized they would have to relearn everything they thought they knew about management and business.
Today, Google is a global icon that regularly pushes the boundaries of innovation in a variety of fields. How Google Works is an entertaining, page-turning primer containing lessons that Eric and Jonathan learned as they helped build the company. The authors explain how technology has shifted the balance of power from companies to consumers, and that the only way to succeed in this ever-changing landscape is to create superior products and attract a new breed of multifaceted employees whom Eric and Jonathan dub “smart creatives.” How Google Works by Eric Schmidt ePub
Covering topics including corporate culture, strategy, talent, decision-making, communication, innovation, and dealing with disruption, the authors illustrate management maxims (“Consensus requires dissension,” “Exile knaves but fight for divas,” “Think 10X, not 10%”) with numerous insider anecdotes from Google’s history, many of which are shared here for the first time.
In an era when everything is speeding up, the best way for businesses to succeed is to attract smart-creative people and give them an environment where they can thrive at scale. How Google Works explains how to do just that. How Google Works by Eric Schmidt ePub
Review – How Google Works by Eric Schmidt ePub
“An informative and creatively multilayered Google guidebook from the businessman’s perspective.”―Kirkus
“An energized and exciting primer on creating a company and workforce prepared to meet an inspiring future.”―Publisher’s Weekly
“Chairman Eric Schmidt and exec advisor Jonathan Rosenberg pull back the curtain to reveal how the company created its unique culture of workplace innovation.”―Fortune
Review – How Google Works by Eric Schmidt ePub
Eric and Jonathan cover a vast territory in their engaging discussion of Google’s leadership in our software driven era. While their Google specific comments are singularly informed and compelling, I suspect their most valuable lessons are those applicable to virtually any venture. Many of these are recurring thematics within discussions of modern leadership, but rarely have so many useful concepts been so well and accessibly summarized as in “How.” Despite 30 plus years in the business I furiously jotted margin notes throughout the book, reminding myself for instance, of the primacy of purpose, as illustrated by the story of a company, beginning with why it is important that it exists; the defining competitive separation afforded by traction and momentum or, get big fast; speed kills; iteration informs. How Google Works by Eric Schmidt ePub
This is a great read; informative, smart and wise, as reflected by their admiration of John Wooden and his aphorism “it’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.” For those interested I’ll summarize below my ‘Top 10’ of the books many quality, illustrative elements. There are abundant actionable insights in this book and of course, the occasional tendril of presumption. Overall, my sentiment about the book is summarized by my ordering copies for my sons, nieces and nephews, regardless of the sectors they work within, or majors they are pursuing. How Google Works by Eric Schmidt
My ‘Top 10’ of appreciated observations:
1. Crowded work spaces fuel contagious energy and spontaneity; the physical presence of team members matters.
2. Keep management lean, with numerous direct reports per manager to assure leadership is crisp and micro-management rare.
3. Ignorance is not bliss, knowledge is instructive; share virtually everything about the company’s business with all employees.
4. Smaller teams for building products; larger to sustain and grow.
5. Deliver transformative products, driven as much or more by insight as evident market demand. PS: platforms with leverage win.
6. Leaders don’t delegate hiring; hire smart, curious learners and pay handsomely for impact. How Google Works by Eric Schmidt ePub
7. Be mindful of your career objectives; sketch the larger ambition, then plan its execution, while remaining smartly opportunistic.
8. Spend 80% of your time on the stuff that generates 80% of your revenues; the new is seductive, but keep your focus balanced.
9. There are only a few truly important messages; assure they are heard: to quote Eric: “repetition doesn’t spoil the prayer.”
10. It’s what you do that counts. How Google Works by Eric Schmidt ePub
Detail About How Google Works by Eric Schmidt ePub
- Name: How Google Works
- Authors: Eric Schmidt, Jonathan Rosenberg
- Language: English
- Genre: Business & Organizational Learning, Computers & Technology Industry, Company Business Profiles,
- Format: ePub
- Size: 4MB
- Page: 320
You might also like
About the Author
Eric Schmidtserved as Google’s CEO from 2001 to 2011 and transformed it into a global technology leader. He is now Google’s executive chairman. Jonathan Rosenbergjoined Google in 2002 and managed the design and development of the company’s consumer, advertiser, and partner products, including Search, Ads, Gmail, Android, Apps, and Chrome. He is currently an advisor to Google CEO Larry Page