Hoffbrand’s Essential Haematology has built a reputation as the flagship haematology textbook for both students and junior doctors, providing an authoritative introduction to the subject.
Now in its 7th edition, this classic text provides up-to-date knowledge of the pathogenesis, clinical and laboratory features, treatment of blood and bone marrow disorders, in its concise and user-friendly style.
Hoffbrand’s Essential Haematology outlines the basic principles of clinical and laboratory haematology and shows how manifestations of blood diseases can be explained by new knowledge of the disease processes. It is an indispensable resource for students and trainees and an essential read for all specialists who are interested in updating their knowledge.
Hoffbrand’s Essential Haematology:
- Provides up-to-date knowledge of the pathogenesis, clinical and laboratory features and treatment of all blood disorders
- Features detailed information on the new genetics of leukaemia and lymphoma
- Includes a new chapter on thrombosis, focussing on the new oral anticoagulants
- Is beautifully presented, with over 300 colour illustrations
- Comprehensively covers both theory and treatment regimes
Includes a companion website at www.wileyessential.com/haematology featuring all the figures and tables from the book, and over 300 interactive multiple choice questions.
About the Author
A. Victor Hoffbrand, MA DM FRCP FRCPath FRCP(Edin) DSc FMedSci; Emeritus Professor of Haematology, University College London; Honorary Consultant Haematologist, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK.
Paul A. H. Moss, PhD MRCP FRCPath; Professor of Haematology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK.