Download Healing Your Emotional Self by Beverly Engel Pdf book free online. Parents serve as a mirror to reflect a child’s identity. Although there will be other mirrors throughout life, kids will invariably turn to the image in the first mirror to judge their goodness, significance, and worth. Beverly Engle offers her extremely successful Mirror Therapy approach in Healing Your Emotional Self to help you reject the skewed images your parents, whether purposefully or accidentally, put onto you. She examines the seven different sorts of emotionally abusive or uncaring parents as well as the seven most typical parental mirrors, offering advice and rehabilitation techniques for each type. GET FREE AUDIOBOOK
This creative step-by-step method gives you the abilities you need to:
- Separate your negative self-image from the twisted one your abusive parents have of you.
- Get emotionally away from your parents and take care of what you lost out on as a kid for yourself.
- By writing a word self-portrait and utilizing other Mirror Therapy tools, you can learn more about who you truly are, including your likes, dislikes, values, aspirations, and desires.
- Overcome your propensity for self-hatred, self-blame, and harmful behavior
- To help you manage your propensity to overeat, drink excessively, spend excessively, or overwork yourself, learn self-nurturing techniques and create sensible boundaries.
- Being more tolerant of yourself can help you become the person you were meant to be.
With the revolutionary program contained in Healing Your Emotional Self, you may learn to love the person you see in the mirror.
About the Author
Beverly Engel is a renowned psychotherapist and a champion for those who have experienced sexual, physical, and emotional abuse. The Emotionally Abusive Relationship, The Emotionally Abused Woman, Encouragements for the Emotionally Abused Woman, and Healing Your Emotional Self are four of her best-selling self-help books on emotional abuse. She is the author of 23 self-help books overall. Escaping Emotional Abuse: Healing from the Shame You Don’t Deserve is her most recent book about emotional abuse (Dec 2020, Kensington). It Wasn’t Your Fault: Freeing Yourself from the Shame of Childhood Abuse with the Power of Self-Compassion, which was published in January 2015, is currently her best-selling book. For 35 years, Engel has worked as a registered marriage and family therapist and psychotherapist.
In addition to being a nominee for the Works for a Better Life award, Beverly’s books have frequently received recognition from numerous awards. Numerous of her novels have been picked by numerous book clubs, such as the Behavioral Sciences Book Club, Psychology Today Book Club, and One Spirit Book Club. Many languages, including Japanese, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Greek, Turkish, and Lithuanian, have had her books translated.