Stop hackers before they hack you!
Hacking For Dummies 6th Edition by Kevin Beaver – In order to outsmart a would-be hacker, you need to get into the hacker’s mindset. And with this book, thinking like a bad guy has never been easier. In Hacking For Dummies, expert author Kevin Beaver shares his knowledge on penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, security best practices, and every aspect of ethical hacking that is essential in order to stop a hacker in their tracks.
Whether you’re worried about your laptop, smartphone, or desktop computer being compromised, this no-nonsense book helps you learn how to recognize the vulnerabilities in your systems so you can safeguard them more diligently—with confidence and ease.
- Get up to speed on Windows 10 hacks
- Learn about the latest mobile computing hacks
- Get free testing tools
- Find out about new system updates and improvements
There’s no such thing as being too safe—and this resourceful guide helps ensure you’re protected.
Table of Contents
- Cracking the Coding Interview Book by Gayle Laakmann McDowell Pdf
- Tencent: The Inside Story of the Tech Company Changing the World Pdf
- Death by China Pdf
- To Build a Website With CSS and HTML By Erin Pdf
- Title Conversational Git By Alan Hohn Pdf
From the Back Cover
- Prevent Windows® 10, Linux®, and macOS® attacks
- Use the latest tools and techniques
- Develop a security testing plan
Be a good guy by thinking like a bad guy
To outsmart a hacker, you must think like a hacker. Security expert Kevin Beaver shows you what motivates hackers and what they’re looking for. He lets you in on the secrets of vulnerability and penetration testing, security best practices, and everything else you need to know to stop attackers before they cause problems for your business. Learn how to protect your servers and desktops, web applications, mobile devices, or your entire network.
- Identify Windows® 10, Linux®, and macOS® vulnerabilities
- Prevent web application hacking
- Defend your databases
- Secure your mobile devices
- Eliminate vulnerabilities in VoIP
- Browse a list of free and commercial testing tools
- Check out resources for locking down your network
About the Author
Kevin Beaver is an independent information security consultant with more than three decades of experience. Kevin specializes in performing vulnerability and penetration testing and security consulting work for Fortune 1000 corporations, product vendors, independent software developers, universities, and government organizations. He has appeared on CNN and been quoted in The Wall Street Journal.