Table of Contents
Sketch to Fame
Sketch to Fame Challange – Every fashion statement begins with a sketch… Are you ready to make yours? With the Sketch to Fame Challenge, we want to turn your sketches into fashion masterpieces.
The African fashion industry is filled with incredible talents and at the 2018 GTBank Fashion Weekend, we are putting Africa’s Finest design talents on the global stage. Through our Sketch to Fame Challenge, we want to inspire the next generation of African designers and turn the ideas that they sketch on paper into brilliant outfits that will help grow their brands.
The Sketch to Fame Challenge aims to promote enterprise in the African fashion industry. The 3 winners would have their collections produced and showcased at the 2018 GTBank Fashion Weekend
How to Participate
Share an image(s) of a 5 piece collection designed by you using the hashtag #Sketch2Fame on your social media handle (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram)
Content of Post
5 sketch collection of your original designs
- Challenge Begins: September 12, 2018
- Challenge Ends: September 26, 2018
- Voting Begins: October 1, 2018
- Voting Ends: October 7, 2018
What is the project selection process?
- Stage 1: Post your image(s) on facebook, instagram or twitter with the official hashtag “#Sketch2Fame”
- Stage 2: A team of judges would shortlist the most original and innovative collection for the next stage.
- Stage 3: The 10 shortlisted projects will be posted on the GTBank instagram handle. The 3 projects with the most likes will be produced.
Criteria for selection
- The selection criteria will focus on the creativity and originality of the collection as well as the feasibility of executing collection.
If my collection is chosen, when will I be informed?
- Successful applicants will be informed via GTBank Facebook, Twitter and Instagram handles.
Terms and Conditions
The Sketch to Fame challenge is open to all across Africa only.
GENERAL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS & ELIGIBILITY TERMS
The content of all submissions have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants uploads image(s) on their social media handle with the Hashtag #Sketch2Fame – social media channels for the challenge are Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Applicant must be following @GTBank on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter in order to qualify for the challenge.
- Submission(s) must not claim GTBank endorsement.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Each submission must be original, the work of the participant, and must not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other rights of any person or entity.
- It is an express condition of submission and eligibility that each participant warrants and represents that the participant’s submission is solely owned by the participant, that the submission is wholly original with the participant, and that no other party has any ownership rights or ownership interest in the submission.
- Submissions will not be accepted if they contain any matter that, in the sole discretion of GTBank, is indecent, obscene, defamatory, libelous, in bad taste, or demonstrates a lack of respect for public morals or conduct.
- If GTBank, or the Judges, in their discretion, find any submission to be unacceptable, then such submission shall be deemed disqualified.
- Participants agree to leave any videos/images they reference for this Challenge on the internet and available to the public until the end of the Submission Period.
- Each participant represents and warrants that the participant is the sole author and copyright owner of the submission; that the submission is an original work of the participant and that the participant has acquired sufficient rights to use and to authorize others, including DOE, to use the submission, as specified throughout the Official Rules, that the submission does not infringe upon any copyright or upon any other third party rights of which the participant is aware; and that the submission is free of malware.
- Individuals and collections will be shortlisted for the voting stage by expert judges. The expert assessment will focus on the creativity, relevance, originality of the collection as well as the feasibility of producing the collection.
- Shortlisted projects will be posted on GTBank’s handle on Instagram where voting will take place via popular engagement.
- Eligibility to vote for shortlisted projects would require that voters are following the GTBank handle on Instagram. Votes will be null if otherwise
Deadline & Winner Announcement
- The Sketch2Fame challenge commences on September 12, 2018. After several phases encompassing submission of entries and voting (see full description below), it will end with announcement of final winners on October 9, 2018.
- GTBank shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions.
- GTBank reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this event at any time