Grant’s Dissector provides step-by-step human cadaver dissection procedures for students to perform in the anatomy lab and to recognize important relationships revealed through dissection. More informative and approachable than ever, this updated seventeenth edition broadens students’ understanding of key dissection procedures and readies them for success in healthcare practice.
Each chapter is consistently organized beginning with a Dissection Overview that provides a blueprint of what needs to be accomplished during the dissection session and includes relevant surface anatomy. Dissection Instructions offer a logical sequence and numbered steps for the dissection. The Dissection Follow-up emphasizes important features of the dissection and encourages students to reflect on and synthesize the information.
- New and revised illustrations, including new surface landmark illustrations, strengthen students’ grasp of common dissection procedures.
- New chapter introductions focus students’ attention on relevant Clinical Correlations.
- Reorganized Skeletal and Surface Anatomy sections guide students logically from palpating bony structures to making skin incisions.
- Enhanced and streamlined cross-references reinforce understanding with direct links to related content in Grant’s Atlas of Anatomy as well as Grant’s Dissection Videos.
- Dissection Overviews guide students through relevant surface anatomy and osteology.
- Numbered, step-by-step Dissection Instructions clarify procedures and enhance the dissection experience.
- Full-color illustrations improve students’ accuracy and precision from initial incisions through deeper dissections.
- Clinical Correlation boxes place procedures in a clinical context to ready students for healthcare practice.
Book Review by Kcorb
This anatomy dissector is one of the most useful tools if your medial school (or other professional school) …
This anatomy dissector is one of the most useful tools if your medial school (or other professional school) publishes its own dissection guide.
Grant’s dissector provides well illustrated pictures along with each dissection and even clinical tie in to drive home some of the finer aspects of the human anatomy. For me personally it was essential to my success in dissection lab.
Even if you just read the step by step instructions Grant’s Dissector will give you a better understanding of the relation of every single part to every other part in that area. The way the instructions are presented provide a clear picture of the human body and can provide a good review without even stepping foot in the dissection lab.
We also Recommend
- Biochemistry by Satyanarayana
- Textbook of Medical Biochemistry 8th Edition
- The Detox Miracle Sourcebook by Morse N.D., Robert S.
- Browse’s Introduction to the Symptoms & Signs of Surgical Disease
- Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry by Denise Ferrier
Designed For Today’s Anatomy Lab
The newly revised Grant’s Dissector has been updated to meet the needs of today’s gross anatomy dissection courses. This classic manual provides step-by-step dissection procedures with the instruction and anatomical detail needed to recognize important relationships revealed through dissection.
Each chapter is consistently organized by 3 main categories: Dissection Overview, Dissection Instructions, and Dissection Follow-up.
Dissection Overview provides a blueprint of what you will accomplish during the dissection session and now include numbered, step-by-step instructions.
to guide you through relevant surface anatomy and osteology.
Dissection Instructions offer the logical sequence and numbered steps for the dissection.
Dissection Follow-up emphasizes important features of the dissection and now contain a numbered list of tasks to perform following the dissection.