Goldberger’s Clinical Electrocardiography: A Simplified Approach
Ideal for students and as a review for practicing clinicians, Goldberger’s Clinical Electrocardiography explains the fundamentals of ECG interpretation and analysis, helping facilitate an understanding of rhythm disorders and the relevant clinical outcomes.
The authors take readers through the nuts and bolts of ECG, using Dr. Ary Goldberger’s award-winning teaching style to clarify complex concepts in an easy-to-read manner. You’ll learn simple waveform analysis and beyond to present ECGs as they are used in hospital wards, outpatient clinics, emergency departments, and most especially intensive care units ― where the recognition of normal and abnormal patterns is the starting point in patient care.
- Includes Clinical Pearls and Review Points in each chapter, as well as indispensable self-tests on interpreting and using ECGs to formulate diagnoses.
- Covers the nuts and bolts of ECG, explaining how to read the data and then interpret the subsequent clinical findings.
- Features practical, comprehensive coverage of the true-to-life clinical appearance of ECGs.
- Provides ECG differential diagnoses so you can answer the question, “What else could it be?”
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Includes new self-assessment ECGs and questions in the Expert Consult eBook.
- Enhances your understanding of difficult concepts through several new illustrations and animations.
- Highlights the latest information on intraventricular and atrioventricular (AV) conduction disturbances; sudden cardiac arrest; myocardial ischemia and infarction; drug toxicities; and electronic pacemakers and ICDs
Review – Goldberger’s Clinical Electrocardiography
“Wherever one is within their medical training … this book is an effective companion aid for ECGs.”
“This is an exceptional reference for providers and trainees of multiple levels who are interested or involved in EKG interpretation.” Reviewed by Samy Abdelghani, MD (Oschner Clinic Foundation) for Doody’s Review Service
“The 9th Edition of Goldberger’s Clinical Electrocardiography – A Simplified Approach eloquently covers all aspects of ECGs, from essential concepts to specialised topics. Wherever one is within their medical training, whether as a medical student, trainee or specialist, this book is an effective companion aid for ECGs. For medical students, it provides an in-depth understanding of basic concepts and then common abnormalities -brilliant preparation for exams! For more experienced trainees, it is a perfect reference, full of clinical examples, diagnoses and management tips. Furthermore, it covers a vast range of specialist areas, ensuring it is a valuable tool for even the most experienced cardiologist.” Reviewed by Nikita P Punjabi, Nikhil Sahdev, and Prakash P Punja for Perfusion (2017, Volume 32(8) 709)
“The basic principles introduce standard ECG terminology, measurements, and definitions with clarity and precision necessary for initial knowledge accumulation; these chapters also include some introductory perspective on spatial-vector principles that is ultimately necessary for more intuitive understanding of the ECG…. For both initial parts of the text, clinical perspectives that include treatment options provide additional practical orientation that also will benefit more experienced electrocardiographers, so this is not just a book for introductory students.” Reviewed by Paul Kligfield, MD (Weil Cornell Medical College) for Journal of Electrocardiology