World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2020 for African Youths
- Oct 23, 2019 at 7:48 pm #43413arthur peaceKeymaster
Are you a young African between the ages of 18 and 28 and currently residing in Africa? Here is another chance for you to have your say on building your nation and continent! As you know, Africa’s exponential youth growth comes with immense opportunities for you to inject fresh ideas, vibrancy and optimism into addressing many of Africa’s challenges.
The #Blog4Dev series is a writing competition in which young people compete and submit written solutions on a topical challenge. It tests creativity, innovation, and looks for something with the potential of being scaled-up. It also helps engage youth become integral to the development process in their countries.
In 2014, the World Bank Kenya office launched the Blog4Dev competition, an annual writing contest that invites young people to weigh in on a topic critical to the country’s economic development. The competition is a way to engage Africa’s young people and provide a platform to share their views—and solutions—about development topics that are important to them.
Since then, Blog4Dev has grown to include the voices of hundreds of young people from countries throughout the region who have submitted blogs on topics such as how to end gender-based violence to debating the role of the private sector in public service delivery. The competition tests originality, creativity and innovation.
This year, for the first time, the World Bank Africa Region is hosting a regional blog competition, inviting young people from 48 countries to share their ideas for how they, and other young people, can prepare themselves for the digital economy and a technology-driven workplace.
The World Bank — and indeed the world — wants to hear from you. share your views by answering the following question: “What will it take to end child marriage in your country?” Be bold, be creative, be practical – chart an inclusive and impactful path to progress for your continent.
World Bank Africa Region #Blog4Dev Competition Eligibility.
To be eligible for the #Blog4Dev contest, you must:
- Be a citizen of any of the 48 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Be between the ages of 18 and 28 years of age
- Currently reside in a Sub-Saharan African country
- Not have been a previous winner
World Bank Africa Region #Blog4Dev Competition Prizes.
Winning authors are eligible for several prizes, including
- Being invited to attend a dedicated program during the World Bank – IMF Spring Meetings 2020 in Washington DC
- Opportunities to represent Africa’s youth at high-level events
- A chance to intern at a World Bank Africa country office, or
- An opportunity to have your blog published on the World Bank Africa blog Youth Transforming Africa.
World #Blog4Dev Competition Selection Criteria.
A panel of expert judges from inside and outside the World Bank Group will review all entries and select the top five from each country. The selected authors will be interviewed, and a top winner will be chosen from each country.
The winning submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Clarity in Writing and Presentation
- Practicality and Relevance
- Potential Impact on Development
How to Submit Entries for World #Blog4Dev Competition.
Submit your original blog entry detailing your ideas about what it will take to end Early Child Marriage in your country, written in English, French or Portuguese by November 30, 2019.
Please note; submissions through email or post will not be accepted.00
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.