University of KwaZulu HEARD PhD Scholarship 2020
- Oct 25, 2019 at 8:51 am #43547arthur peaceKeymaster
The Health Economics and HIV/AIDS Research Division (HEARD) based at the University of KwaZulu-Natal is a regional and global leader for applied research and policy development on critical health and development challenges for the African continent.
HEARD’s mission is to influence and support evidence-based policy and good practice to more effectively address Africa’s health and development issues and to contribute to achieving health and sustainable development across the continent.
A critical component of achieving HEARD’s mission is investing in the development of African scholars to master quantitative and qualitative research methods for understanding policy problems and for devising, evaluating and/or implementing policy or programmatic solutions. The aim of the PhD programme is to produce expertly qualified graduates to advise or to be part of influential policy-making or programme implementing entities in Africa, and to pursue additional research priorities.
University of KwaZulu-Natal HEARD PhD Scholarship Eligibility.
Applications are invited from citizens of all African countries. Female candidates and, in the case of South Africa, those from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, are especially encouraged to apply.
- Hold a Master’s Degree (first or upper second class pass or its equivalent).
- Have demonstrable research experience.
- Undertake to register for a PhD dissertation (full time) at the University of KwaZulu–Natal (UKZN).
- Make a commitment to remain on the African continent for at least two years after graduation.
University of KwaZulu-Natal HEARD PhD Scholarship Value.
The value of each scholarship is R540, 000. It will be paid in equal tranches over three years. Tranche payments will be paid dependent on a satisfactory progress report. Successful candidates are required to be based in Durban, South Africa, for the duration of the scholarship, with the exception of the time during which they may undertake field research elsewhere.
How to Apply for University of KwaZulu-Natal HEARD PhD Scholarship.
Applications must include:
- A letter of motivation
- An eight to ten page concept note on one of the three above mentioned three research questions
- Certified copies of both your academic qualifications and of your full academic records. In the case of qualifications obtained from non-English speaking countries and English translation must be included
- A certified copy of your ID/passport
- Two letters of reference, at least one of which must be academic. The second can be from an individual of professional standing.
Applications must be submitted to Ms Cailin Hedderwick, PhD Programme Manager via Hedderwick@ukzn.ac.za00
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.