Some correct sentences that Nigerians would rather avoid
- May 6, 2019 at 12:35 am #26568SmoopyParticipant
English for Today by Ganiu Abisoye Bamgbose
*Some correct sentences that Nigerians would rather avoid*
1. I have drunk water.
The participal verb “drunk” connotes drunkenness to Nigerians at all times so they rather avoid using it in any other context.
2. I prefer an alcoholic beverage.
The word “beverage” connotes cocoa-based drinks to Nigerians whereas beverage is everything that can be drunk aside water.
3. My wife was the dupe.
Many Nigerians do not know that the person who is duped is a dupe and would never like to be called a dupe even when they are duped.
Good day family.00
- May 6, 2019 at 7:53 am #26582Olopha FelixParticipant
Learnt something new today00
- May 6, 2019 at 9:59 am #26604Adeshina ToheebParticipant
WOW!!! NICE ONE00
- May 6, 2019 at 6:19 pm #26633MParticipant
Hmmm…Seriously, many prefer to speak English their own way than to follow the convention.00
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.