Agbami Medical and Engineering Professionals Scholarship 2019/2020
- Oct 17, 2019 at 6:01 am #42682arthur peaceKeymaster
Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited, a Chevron company and operator of the Agbami Field, in its continuous support for capacity building in the health and engineering sectors as a strategic feed into the national manpower pool, is offering a number of University Scholarship Awards to qualified Nigerian students from ALL states of the Federation.
Thus, we invite applications from qualified candidates for the 2019 Agbami Medical & Engineering Professionals Scholarship Awards.
2019 Agbami Medical & Engineering Professionals Scholarship Awards
The scholarship program, funded by Star and its Agbami co-venturers, is a major component of their Social Investment in the strategic development of health and education in Nigeria.
E-Applications are invited from FULL-TIME, 100 and 200 level undergraduates (admitted during 2018/2019 or 2017/2018 academic session respectively) from any State of the Federation, studying any of the under listed courses in universities within Nigeria:
- Medicine & Surgery
Application Closing Date
Midnight, 30th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission Letter
- O’ Level Result
- JAMB Result
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification
- Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
- Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on “Register/Log in” to create an account or log in to your Scholastica account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account for newly registered applicants.
- Click on http://www.scholastica.ng/schemes/agbami to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Return to the Home page, Click on the scheme you wish to apply and Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive a notification displayed on the screen you have successfully applied. To confirm Check “My application” under “My account” section on your profile account.
- Return to http://www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your verification profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed verification profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- Return to http://www.scholastica.ng/schemes/agbami and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
- Please note that applicants for the Agbami scholarship are ineligible to apply for any other scholarship program sponsored by “STAR” or any of its Parties.
- Selected students will be invited for computer-administered qualifying tests in selected examination centers nationwide. Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages. All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that valid GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the web site.
- Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty
1. How do I apply for the 2019 AGBAMI Medical & Engineering Professionals Scholarship award?
If you meet the requirements for the scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.
2. Who is eligible for the AGBAMI Medical & Engineering Professionals Scholarship Scheme?
The application is open to university undergraduates in 100 and 200 Level only. The applicant must have gained admission either during the 2018/2019 or 2017/2018 academic session respectively.
3. Is it compulsory to get my NIN before I submit my application?
No. You are advised to apply before the application deadline and update your profile later after you have obtained your NIN.
4. I am a current AGBAMI scholarships beneficiary, do I still need to apply? No. Current Agbami beneficiaries should not apply for this scheme.
5. I am a current scholarship beneficiary from an International Oil and Gas Company, do I still need to apply? No. Current beneficiaries of an International Oil and Gas scholarship schemes are expected to benefit from only one scholarship scheme. Hence, are not be eligible to apply to this scheme.
6. What do I major in to apply for the scholarship? The application is only open to university undergraduates studying Medicine & Surgery, Dentistry, Pharmacy and any Engineering Course.
7. Do I need to be accepted into a particular institution, before I apply for the scholarships?
Applicants must have gained full-time admission into any recognized Nigerian University.
8. Can I send an open application?
No. Application is strictly done through the application portal.
9. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted if you make the Aptitude test shortlisted, if not you will be notified at the end of campaign.
9. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Applicants who did not qualify for the scholarship will be notified at the end of the scholarship campaign.
10. How do I create my profile?
Visit http://www.scholastica.ng and click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email and return to http://www.scholastica.ng to complete your user profile. Ensure you click 2019 AGBAMI Scholarship to open scholarship page. Then click “Apply” in the top right hand corner of your screen to apply.
11. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors after submission of your application, kindly log on to your scholastica profile, click on “My Account”, a dropdown appears, then click on “My Messages”. You will be directed to a page where you can directly send a message to the scholarship administrator stating your corrections. The corrections will be effected and a mail sent to you confirming it.
12. Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application after submitting?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit / make changes to your application online. Refer to question 11 on how to do this.
13. When my details have been corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application or do I have to re-apply? No you don’t have to re-apply, corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
14. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload.
15. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG.
16. I cannot find my course of study in the dropdown list online. What do I do?
If your course of study is not on the list, send an email to email@example.com stating the name of your course of study, Faculty, CGPA Scale and name of institution. You will be notified in less than 24 hours via email once it has been added
17. How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by firstname.lastname@example.org You can visit your profile to view the status of your application.
18. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes after the stipulated deadline.
19. Do I need to pay to facilitate the application?
You are strongly advised not to patronize anyone by cash or kind. This award is strictly based on merit and meeting the award criteria. Note: Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start this application to avoid errors and disqualification.
20. Must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
21. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is strictly 30th October, 2019. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
22. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the scholarship award information carefully and provide the documentation requested in the Eligibility Requirements section.
23. Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship Team?
No. Faxed or email applications or components will not be accepted.
24. Can I apply through the Representative in my university or hometown?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.