Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology 8th Edition – Clearly organized and written, this guide is ideal for students with a limited background in science. The text features expanded coverage of chemistry and its role in the physiology of the body and includes clearly drawn and labeled illustrations–most in full color and many created expressly for this text.
- Flexible presentation of content makes the text suitable for any course.
- Precisely detailed, full-color illustrations throughout make every concept clear.
- Highly detailed anatomy photographs and full-color illustrations enhance visual learning.
- Clinical application boxes put theory into action.
- Extensive microbiology tables reinforce the text.
- Questions for every figure in the book encourage critical thinking and reinforce understanding of the image and the content.
- A wealth of pedagogical features promotes learning and includes chapter outlines • student objectives • new and related clinical terminology (with pronunciations) • study outlines • review questions and “For Further Thought” discussion topics • and a comprehensive glossary.
- Pretests and post-tests for every chapter with print and email capabilities assess progress.