Pamela Slim, a former corporate training manager, left her office job twelve years ago to go solo and has enjoyed every bit of it.
Escape From Cubicle Nation – In her groundbreaking book, based on her popular blog Escape from Cubicle Nation, Slim explores both the emotional issues of leaving the corporate world and the nuts and bolts of launching a business. Drawing on her own career, as well as stories from her coaching clients and blog readers, Slim will help readers weigh their options, and make a successful escape if they decide to go for it.
From Publishers Weekly
Inspired by her successful blog of the same name, life coach Slim shows readers how to navigate the terrifying yet gratifying transition from corporate drone to entrepreneur. She strikes a perfect balance between emotional encouragement and practical advice: Hating your job intensely, she writes, is not a business plan. What’s here is: the nitty-gritty of getting a business off the ground, legal considerations, making the best use of social networking sites, the components of a business model, organized creative brainstorming, financial advice, shopping for self-paid insurance and benefits, and helpful anecdotes of real-life entrepreneurship.
With her humorous insights into corporate life and an appealing no-nonsense yet empathic tone, Slim deals swiftly and incisively with anxiety, fear and hesitation. Readers will cheer as she teaches the tricks behind finding what makes you purr—what people will pay you to do, what you have a great passion for and what you are genetically encoded to do. This is a standout in the start-your-own business genre. (May)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
We also Recommend
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown PDF
- On The Shortness Of Life by Seneca PDF
- Coach Wooden’s Pyramid of Success by John Wooden PDF
- It Didn’t Start with You by Mark Wolynn PDF
- The Mamba Mentality by Kobe Bryant PDF
- Things I Wish I Told My Mother by Susan Patterson PDF
- Keeping the Love You Find by Harville Hendrix PDF
- How to Get Sh*t Done by Erin Falconer Pdf
- Fall, Rise, Repeat by Matthew Schneider Pdf
- Keep Your Brain Alive by Lawrence Katz Pdf
- Free to Focus by Michael Hyatt Pdf
- Your Heart’s Desire by Sonia Choquette Pdf
About the Author
Pamela Slim is a popular blogger, career coach, and the author of Escape from Cubicle Nation. She lives with her family in Mesa, Arizona.
Originally published: 2009
Genre: Self-help book