[Total: 6 Average: 3.8]
Download SIWES Report: La Faveur Medical Laboratory is a medical laboratory situated at # 13 Airport Road Rukpokwu Port-harcourt, Rivers state. It has a total number of nine employees which comprises of three professional scientists, a receptionist, four industrial training students and a sonographer.
The laboratory runs haematology, Bacteriology/Microbiology, Chemical Pathology, Hormone Assays, Parasitology/Mycology tests and Ultra sound and Blood Bank scan. The laboratory head of the department Dr Njifen Emile Ruben supervises all work carried out in the laboratory.
LABORATORY RULES AND REGULATION
- Always wear protective such as laboratory coat, hand gloves when carrying out any work and safety goggles when carrying hazardous tests.
- Always label samples brought into the laboratory by writing of the patient’s name, test to be run and the laboratory reference number on the sticker on the specimen container. Register it with the receptionist and also into the laboratory registration book before processing.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke, nor chew gum in the laboratory
- Do not store any edible in the same refrigerator where blood bag specimens and reagents are preserved.
- Always wash hand with soap and water before and after work each day.
The students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is a skills training programme designed to expose and prepare students of Universities, Polytechnics/Colleges of Technology/Colleges of Agriculture and Colleges of Education for the industrial work situation they are likely to meet after graduation. The scheme also affords students the opportunity of familiarizing and exposing themselves to the needed experience in handling equipment and machinery that are usually not available in their institutions. It is a cooperative industrial internship program that involves institutions of higher learning, industries, the Federal Government of Nigeria, Industrial Training Fund (ITF), and Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC).
Size: 1.18 Mb