Project Management ToolBox: Tools and Techniques for the Practicing Project Manager, Second Edition offers a succinct explanation of when, where, and how to use project management resources to enhance your work. With updated content that reflects key advances in the project management field, including planning, implementation, control, cost, and scheduling, this revised text offers added material that covers relevant topics, such as agility, change management, governance, reporting, and risk management.
This comprehensive resource provides a contemporary set of tools, explaining each tool’s purpose and intention, development, customization and variations, and benefits and disadvantages. Additionally, examples, tips, and milestone checks guide you through the application of these tools, helping you practically apply the information you learn.
Effective project management can support a company in increasing market share, improving the quality of products, and enhancing customer service. With so many aspects of project management changing as the business world continues to evolve, it is critical that you stay up to date on the latest topics in this field.
- Explore emerging topics within the world of project management, keeping up to date on the latest, most relevant subject areas
- Leverage templates, exercises, and PowerPoint presentations to enhance your project management skills
- Discuss tips, reporting, implementation, documentation, and other essentials of the project management field
- Consider how project management fits into various industries, including technology, construction, healthcare, and product development
Project Management ToolBox: Tools and Techniques for the Practicing Project Manager, Second Edition is an essential resource for experienced project managers and project management students alike.
From the Back Cover
Easy and Practical Tools for Today’s Projects!
The second edition of Project Management ToolBox offers a comprehensive and accessible volume for understanding when, where, and how to use the most effective project management resources. Revised and updated, the second edition reflects recent advances in tools that support project planning, execution, and closure. This must-have resource provides a dynamic set of tools and techniques and explains each tool’s purpose and intention, development, customization, and variations, as well as benefits and common usage.
- Leverage customizable documentation and checklists to enhance your project management skills on the job
- Maximize problem solving and decision making processes by implementing tools and templates customized to project size or type
- Enable stronger alignment between business strategy and project execution, between strategic goals and project deliverables, and between the work of senior leaders and project managers
- Explore emerging topics including change management, governance, risk management, and agile project management
- Access updated case examples from high growth industries like IT, Construction, High-technology, and Healthcare
- Implement handy tips, tricks, and cross references to PM Standards (PMBOK® and PRINCE2) and terminology
Project Management ToolBox helps professionals and students alike stay abreast of the latest changes in this ever-evolving field.
About the Author
RUSS J. MARTINELLI has served as a program manager at Intel, Loral, and Lockheed Martin, and is a founder of the Program Management Academy. He also provides training and consulting services to companies in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors.
DRAGAN Z. MILOSEVIC, PHD, PMP, has been an Associate Professor of Engineering and Technology Management at Portland State University (Oregon), a consultant and trainer, and has conducted seminars in many parts of the world. He is the author of multiple books and dozens of papers on the subject of project management.