Diseases and Disorders of the Orbit and Ocular Adnexa PDF
Download Diseases and Disorders of the Orbit and Ocular Adnexa PDF book free online – From Diseases and Disorders of the Orbit and Ocular Adnexa PDF: Drawing from the knowledge and expertise of more than 70 contributing international experts, Diseases and Disorders of the Orbit and Ocular Adnexa thoroughly covers the state of the art in orbital and periocular disease from the perspective of a variety of specialties.
Clearly written and profusely illustrated, it covers the clinical presentation, pathophysiology, natural history, and management alternatives of disease processes affecting the orbit, eyelids, lacrimal system, and upper face. With a singular focus on the diagnosis and management of orbital and ocular adnexal disease, this authoritative text gives you the information you need to excel both in practice and on exams in the specialty of ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Offers an in-depth and thorough approach to the pathophysiology of oculoplastics and orbital disease, incorporating the perspectives of numerous specialties – all in one convenient volume.
- Uses an easy-to-follow, templated format throughout so you can find what you need quickly.
- Covers new information not included in other texts, such as antibody testing in dysthyroid conditions and a rapidly emerging array of targeted immunosuppressive medications for the treatment of inflammatory orbital disease.
- Includes hot topics such as the classification and management of orbital inflammatory disease; vascular neoplasms and malformations; periocular dermatology; burn management; facial paralytic disease; and the pathogenesis, evaluation and management of lymphoproliferative disease.
- Features more than 1,200 high-quality clinical, imaging, and histological illustrations that provide clear visual examples of orbital disease.
- Written by an international team of experts from five continents (across multiple specialties including ophthalmology, dermatology, burn management, plastic surgery, otolaryngology, endocrinology, and pathology) led by Dr. Aaron Fay and Dr. Peter J. Dolman.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
“This is a new book that comprehensively covers the pathophysiology of orbital diseases. It is an excellent and valuable resource for developing an understanding of the diseases affecting the orbit. Particularly valuable are the composite figures including clinical photographs, imaging findings, and pathology slides.”
– Diana V. Do, MD (Stanford University School of Medicine) for Doody’s Review Services