CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2021 PDF
Download CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2021 PDF book free online – From CMDT 2021 PDF CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2021 PDF: For 60 years, CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment―the flagship volume of the renowned Lange medical series―has been delivering the authoritative information students, residents, and clinicians need to build their medical knowledge, expertise, and confidence.
Covering the latest clinical developments in all facets of medicine and fully focused on bedside clinical issues, this new edition provides completely the latest guidelines, reference, drug prices, approved drugs, and evidence-based coverage of more than 1,000 diseases and disorders―all formatted to enable you to find the answers you need quickly and effortlessly.
This landmark guide covers inpatient and outpatient care, focusing on the diagnostic tools relevant to daily practice, and reviews all primary care topics, including gynecology/obstetrics, dermatology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, preventive medicine, psychiatry, and neurology. Now includes a “year in review” feature highlighting what’s new in CMDT!
- Includes essentials of diagnosis for most diseases/disorders
- Hundreds of quick-access drug treatment tables with indexed trade names
- Diagnostic and treatment algorithms present important information in an at-a-glance style
- Up-to-date references provide peer-reviewed, evidence-based information
- Seven bonus chapters available online to all book purchasers, featuring expanded content and annual review of advances in HIV treatment and critical information on emerging viral infections
New – CMDT 2021 PDF
- INNOVATIVE TABLE highlighting the “Year in Review: Key Clinical Updates in CMDT 2021,” individually listed with page numbers and reference citations, for easy access to significant changes in this edition
- New section on SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19 infection
- Extensive revision of the Viral & Rickettsial Infections chapter, including new section on acute flaccid myelitis as well as updates on measles, mumps, and Zika virus
- 140 NEW online images in the Heart Disease, Gastrointestinal Disorders, and Cancer chapters
- Addition of the 2019 European guidelines for treating pulmonary embolism
- New table outlining agents to consider for reversing anticoagulant effect during life-threatening bleeding based on the Anticoagulation Forum and American Society of Hematology 2019 guidelines
- Bedaquiline considered first-line medication for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
- Lefamulin, a new commercially available medication for treating community-acquired bacterial pneumonia
- New information on the combination of emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide as antiretroviral treatment for preexposure prophylaxis among men
- A two-drug regimen, dolutegravir plus lamivudine, included in the top recommended HIV antiretroviral regimens
- Recommendation from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices for shared clinical decision-making regarding HPV vaccination for adults aged 26–45 years
- Substantial revision of the Sexual & Gender Minority Health chapter
- Bempedoic acid, a new FDA-approved pharmacologic option for lowering LDL cholesterol in patients who cannot tolerate statins
- FDA approval of various closed loop systems that adjust basal insulin delivery for diabetic patients
- Eculizumab, a newly FDA-approved medication for both myasthenia gravis and neuromyelitis optica
- FDA approval of lasmiditan, a new pharmacologic option that can safely be given to migraine sufferers with cardiovascular risk factors
- The sodium-glucose linked transporter (SGLT) inhibitors slow progression of early diabetic nephropathy in addition to their having cardioprotective effects
- The US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation for hepatitis C screening of asymptomatic adults between ages 18 and 79 years
- FDA approval of adjuvant trastuzumab emtansine for patients with HER2-positive breast cancer with residual disease after standard trastuzumab-containing neoadjuvant therapy
- Data from HER2CLIMB, a phase III trial, expected to lead to FDA approval of a new therapy for breast cancer patients with pretreated HER2-positive advanced disease
- Promising results from phase 3 clinical trials of gene therapy for hemophilia A and B
- Information on bremelanotide, a second FDA-approved medication for hypoactive sexual desire disorder in premenopausal women
- Mepolizumab, newly FDA approved for the treatment of eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis
ACK – CMDT 2021 PDF
We wish to thank our authors for participating once again in the annual updating of this important book. We are especially grateful to Naomi B. Anker, MD, Kerry C. Cho, MD, Megan McNamara, MD, MSc, Joseph H. Rapp, MD, and Rachel K. Scott, MD, MPH, FACOG, who are leaving CMDT this year. We have all benefited from their clinical wisdom and commitment.
We also wish to extend our heartfelt gratitude to Eva Clark, MD, PhD, and to Wayne Shandera, MD, for providing ongoing, current, and expert updates to the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome—Coronavirus 2019 (SARS-CoV-2) topic in CMDT Online.
Many students and physicians have contributed useful suggestions to this and previous editions, and we are grateful. We continue to welcome comments and recommendations for future editions in writing or via electronic mail. The editors’ e-mail addresses are below and author e-mail addresses are included in the Authors section.