Download Communicating Design by Dan M. Brown PDF book free – From Communicating Design by Dan M. Brown: Successful web design teams depend on clear communication between developers and their clients—and among members of the development team. Buy from Amazon
Communicating Design by Dan M. Brown PDF
Wireframes, site maps, flow charts, and other design diagrams establish a common language so designers and project teams can capture ideas, track progress, and keep their stakeholders informed.
In this all new edition of Communicating Design, author and information architect Dan Brown defines and describes each deliverable, then offers practical advice for creating the documents and using them in the context of teamwork and presentations, independent of methodology. Whatever processes, tools, or approaches you use, this book will help you improve the creation and presentation of your wireframes, site maps, flow charts, and other deliverables. Communicating Design by Dan M. Brown PDF
The book now features:
- An improved structure comprising two main sections: Design Diagrams and Design Deliverables. The first focuses on the nuts and bolts of design documentation and the second explains how to pull it all together.
- New deliverable: design briefs, as well as updated advice on wireframes, flow charts, and concept models.
- More illustrations, to help designers understand the subtle variations and approaches to creating design diagrams.
- Reader exercises, for those lonely nights when all you really want to do is practice creating wireframes, or for use in workshops and classes.
- Contributions from industry leaders: Tamara Adlin, Stephen Anderson, Dana Chisnell, Nathan Curtis, Chris Fahey, James Melzer, Steve Mulder, Donna Spencer, and Russ Unger.
“As an educator, I have looked to Communicating Design both as a formal textbook and an informal guide for its design systems that ultimately make our ideas possible and the complex clear.”
—Liz Danzico, from the Foreword
Detail About Communicating Design by Dan M. Brown PDF
- Name: Communicating Design: Developing Web Site Documentation for Design and Planning (2nd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
- Author: Dan M. Brown
- ISBN: 0321712463
- Language: English
- Genre: Technical Writing Reference, Web Design, Computer Science
- Format: PDF/ePub
- Size: 7 MB
- Page: 312
- Price: Free
Review – Communicating Design by Dan M. Brown PDF
Communicating Design Second Edition by Dan M. Brown is a delightful read–one especially suited for those taking Web programming courses or wanting to learn the inside strategies on Web site design/programming preparation.
The book starts off by covering the fundamentals of wireframes, personas, site maps, concept models, and flowcharts. These components of the book are not only technical in a how-to format, but also practical in a business sense. In fact, Dan Brown makes a point of stressing how to negotiate these “deliverables” in business meetings, in essence preparing the reader for a career in design strategies. Communicating Design by Dan M. Brown PDF
The second part of the book not only emphasizes how to format the products (i.e., wireframes, personas, etc) into professional deliverables through providing structure for the reports, but also delves into competitive reviews, usability plans, and usability reports. Of most interest to me was the competitive review, as it helped establish the framework (including site map) of a site I’m about to build. One easily overlooked shortcoming of the book is that it doesn’t spend the time on research strategies, such as focus groups and interviews that the book A Project Guide To UX Design by Russ Unger does. However, Communicating Design exceeds many other books in its elaboration on the personas, wireframes, site maps, flow carts, etc.–the actual deliverables. Communicating Design by Dan M. Brown PDF
Although the book doesn’t delve into how to create the deliverables in different software programs (it only mentions a few of the usable programs like Illustrator and Microsoft Visio, for instance), one can go to Lynda.com for a month-to-month membership and access tutorials on these components. Communicating Design shows, instead, how to create the different deliverables, how to conduct oneself in business presentations of the deliverables, and how to format them into impressive reports.
It is also important to note that Dan Brown’s second edition felt more cumbersome at first, due to its wide size, but after spending time with the interior of the book, the read was quite pleasant. The pages were glossed with lots of white space and friendly diagrams. Communicating Design by Dan M. Brown PDF