College of International Education International Pathways Scholarship
- Master, Bachelor, Phd
- 31 December 2021 – Deadline
This scholarship has been established as an International Pathway Scholarship for eligible students entering the University of Newcastle. It is applicable for students who have completed an applicable pathway program (Foundation Studies, Degree Transfer, Degree Transfer Extended and Pre-Master’s Program) at the College of International Education and will progress to their undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program.
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Have successfully completed a Foundation Studies, Degree Transfer, Degree Transfer Extended or Pre-Master’s Program at the University of Newcastle College of International Education as part of a packaged offer into the University.
- Be commencing an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University. Please note, this excludes ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research and quota-limited programs.
- Not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
- Not be enrolling in an excluded quota program
Eligible programs include those offered by the following Schools:
- School of Creative Industries
- School of Education
- Newcastle Business School
- School of Humanities & Social Science
- School of Architecture & Built Environment
- School of Electrical Engineering & Computing
- School of Engineering
- School of Biomedical Sciences & Pharmacy
- School of Environment & Life Sciences
- School of Mathematical & Physical Sciences
- School of Psychology.
Students progressing to quota-limited programs are not eligible for this scholarship.
The advertised value above is indicative.
The scholarship benefit is a 10% fee reduction for each year of remaining study under full-time study load, apportioned over each course taken.
The fee reduction will be determined based on individual course enrolment for each eligible term of study, and generally equates to approximately AU$350-500 per 10-units of study (indicative-only).
This will be administered for each term of study in your eligible program(s) as a tuition fee reduction against the amount of credits initially issued in your letter of offer. Please review the full terms and conditions for more detail.
The number of scholarships available is indicative. The University will aim to support all eligible recipients where funding permits.
No application is required for this scholarship.
Scholarships are automatically applied for upon application to the College of International Education at the point of progression to the recipient’s undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program (where eligibility criteria is met).
Students progressing to quota-limited programs are not eligible for this scholarship. Program excluded from this scholarship are:
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Diagnostic Radiography)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Nuclear Medicine)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Radiation Therapy)
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Oral Health Therapy
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Podiatry.
Also excluded from selection are:
- Students who have not completed their eligible program at the College of International Education.
- Internal transfer students who are studying at an Australian or Online campus and were not previously awarded the scholarship.