Civil Engineering Solved Problems 8th Edition
Download Civil Engineering Solved Problems 8th Edition PDF book free online – Civil Engineering Solved Problemsincludes more than 370 problem scenarios representing a broad range of the NCEES Civil PE exam topics. The problem scenarios are instructionally designed so that you learn how to identify and apply related concepts and equations. Buy From Amazon
The breadth of topics covered and the varied complexities of the problems allow you to assess and strengthen your problem-solving skills. Step-by-step solutions demonstrate accurate, efficient solving methods. Solutions also reference exam-adopted codes and standards, so you can learn where to find required information and how to efficiently use your resources.
Civil Engineering Solved Problems will help you to
• familiarize yourself with the exam topics
• connect relevant civil engineering theories to challenging problems
• navigate through exam-adopted codes and standards
• identify accurate and efficient problem-solving approaches
Exam Topics Covered
• Water Resources: Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulic Machines, Open Channel Flow, Hydrology, Water Supply
• Geotechnical: Soils, Foundations
• Environmental: Wastewater
• Structural: Concrete, Steel, Timber, Masonry, Bridge Design
• Transportation: Transportation, Surveying
• Systems, Management, and Professional: Engineering Economic Analysis
Table of Contents
About the Author
Michael R. Lindeburg, PE, is one of the best-known authors of engineering textbooks and references. His books and courses have influenced millions of engineers around the world. Since 1975, he has authored more than 30 engineering reference and exam preparation books. He has spent thousands of hours teaching engineering to students and practicing engineers. He holds bachelor of science and master of science degrees in industrial engineering from Stanford University.
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
This book is a collection of problems categorized by exam subject. Just as a fish is born knowing how to swim, you probably feel that you already know how to use this book. Actually, there are several ways to use it, and some of them are even pretty good. Only one way, however, will maximize the return on your investment in time.
At one end of the effort spectrum are people who will work through the book from beginning to end, studying every detail, duplicating every calculation, and making sure that they know the underlying subject. At the other end of the effort spectrum are people who will simply take the book into the exam with them hoping to find a similar problem whose solution they can copy.