Slay the calculus monster with this user-friendly guide
Calculus For Dummies, 2nd Edition makes calculus manageable—even if you’re one of the many students who sweat at the thought of it. By breaking down differentiation and integration into digestible concepts, this guide helps you build a stronger foundation with a solid understanding of the big ideas at work. This user-friendly math book leads you step-by-step through each concept, operation, and solution, explaining the “how” and “why” in plain English instead of math-speak. Through relevant instruction and practical examples, you’ll soon learn that real-life calculus isn’t nearly the monster it’s made out to be.
Calculus is a required course for many college majors, and for students without a strong math foundation, it can be a real barrier to graduation. Breaking that barrier down means recognizing calculus for what it is—simply a tool for studying the ways in which variables interact. It’s the logical extension of the algebra, geometry, and trigonometry you’ve already taken, and Calculus For Dummies, 2nd Edition proves that if you can master those classes, you can tackle calculus and win.
- Includes foundations in algebra, trigonometry, and pre-calculus concepts
- Explores sequences, series, and graphing common functions
- Instructs you how to approximate area with integration
- Features things to remember, things to forget, and things you can’t get away with
Stop fearing calculus, and learn to embrace the challenge. With this comprehensive study guide, you’ll gain the skills and confidence that make all the difference. Calculus For Dummies, 2nd Edition provides a roadmap for success, and the backup you need to get there.
Table of Contents
- Explicit Biology PDF
- Probability and Statistics in Engineering by William W. Hines PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers 10th Edition PDF
- The Coddling of the American Mind by Greg Lukianoff Pdf
- How To Become An Astronaut
- Understanding Statistics by Sture Holm PDF
- 10 Cheapest State Universities in Nigeria (2021)
- Principles Of Physics: From Quantum Field Theory To Classical Mechanics
- How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Raising Chickens by Jerome D. Belanger
From the Back Cover
- An easy-to-follow introduction to calculus
- Detailed explanations of differentiation and integration
- Real-life examples of when calculus comes in handy
Conquer your calculus confusion
If the thought of studying calculus makes you sweat, relax and fret no more! This hands-on, friendly guide makes calculus manageable. It leads you step-by-step through each concept, operation, and solution, explaining the “how” and “why” in plain English. Through detailed instruction and practical examples, you’ll soon discover that calculus isn’t nearly as bad as it’s made out to be!
- What calculus is and why it works
- An algebra and trigonometry review
- The lowdown on limits
- How to use differentiation
- Integration techniques
- Infinite series
- Clever calculus shortcuts
About the Author
Mark Ryan is the founder and owner of The Math Center, a math and test prep tutoring center in Winnetka, Illinois. He is the author of Calculus Workbook For Dummies, Calculus Essentials For Dummies, and three books on geometry in the For Dummies series. Ryan has taught junior high and high school math since 1989. He lives in Evanston, Illinois.
Originally published: 9 September 2003