Building Strategy and Performance by Kim Warren
This book Building Strategy and Performance by Kim Warren uses a balanced blend of frameworks and illustrations to teach you how to tackle the challenge of driving performance into the future.
Kim Warren takes special care with this new textbook, Building Strategy and Performance, to ensure that it delivers instruction on how to deliver strategy powerfully over a sustained period of time.
This book helps you to show your students where the levers are that they can control and how to choose what to do, when, and how much to achieve their specific goals.
This book effectively outlines the dynamics of strategy, how one drives performance – past, today and into the future. It shows what causes performance to improve or deteriorate and what your students can do to change this trajectory for the better.
But don’t take our word for it, review the book now to see if it can help you to deliver the kind of tactical strategy course you desire for your students.
Table of Contents
About the Contributors
Kim Warren has been teaching Strategic Management in MBA and Executive programs at London Business School since 1990. There he has developed powerful frameworks for strategy analysis and strategic management that go beyond the simple, static tools that are more commonly used. Known as ‘Strategy Dynamics’, this method focuses on improvements to the time-path of business performance that is so crucial to the concerns of investors and other stakeholders. The method also provides a sound basis for strategy development in public-service and non-commercial organizations.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Performance Through Time
- Chapter 2: Resources: Vital Drivers of Performance
- Chapter 3: Resources and Bathtub Behavior
- Chapter 4: Handling Interdependence Between Resources
- Chapter 5: Building and Managing the Strategic Architecture
- Chapter 6: You Need Quality Resources as Well as Quantity
- Chapter 7: Managing Rivalry for Customers and Other Resources
- Chapter 8: Intangible Resources and Capabilities
- Chapter 9: Going Forward