15 Best Laptops for College Students 2021
If you’re looking for the best laptops for college students at an affordable budget, then this is for you.
Every college student needs a quality personal computer or a great laptop to cope with studies around the college.
Most times, budgets seem to be an obstacle for most students not getting the best laptops for college.
However, to get the best laptop of your choice as a student is very necessary, and hence the budget shouldn’t restraint you.
Nevertheless, I have compiled a list of 15 Best Laptops for College Students 2021 of which you can get at an affordable price.
These are great and powerful laptops that can serve you very well throughout college.
I know you can’t wait to see them right?
I will show you more, follow me, let’s see them.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is the Best Laptop for College Student?
- 2 15 Best Laptop for College Students 2021
- 2.1 1. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3
- 2.2 2. MacBook Pro 15
- 2.3 3. Dell XPS 13
- 2.4 4. Samsung Notebook 9 Pro
- 2.5 5. Samsung Notebook 9
- 2.6 6. Microsoft Surface Go
- 2.7 7. Microsoft Surface Pro
- 2.8 8. Asus ZenBook 14
- 2.9 9. Huawei MateBook X Pro
- 2.10 10. Acer Swift 7
- 2.11 11. Razer Blade 13 Advance
- 2.12 12. LG Gram 13
- 2.13 13. Lenovo Yoga 730
- 2.14 14. Lenovo Flex 6 14
- 2.15 15. Acer Aspire 5 Slim
- 3 FAQ
- 3.0.1 What are the best laptops for college students under $500?
- 3.0.2 How to choose best laptop for college
- 3.0.3 What are the best laptops for college students in India?
- 3.0.4 what are the best laptop for college and gaming?
- 3.0.5 What are the best laptops for college with long battery life?
- 3.0.6 What are the best laptops for college under $300?
What is the Best Laptop for College Student?
Before we proceed further, I want to show you this. Read on.
Do you know that for you to get a good student PC for yourself; you need to know the best laptop for a college student.
A PC System considered the best laptop must have the basic features of a laptop including powerful performance.
However, a laptop should possess the following necessary things before considered as the best laptop.
- The Laptop must be portable enough to be carried about, at most (15 inches) laptop.
- It must have a good performance and a powerful one if you’re into gaming.
- The laptop should have a nice display of 1080p or 1440p resolution.
- A laptop must have good connectivity with 3 or more USB connection ports.
- The best laptop must have a good battery life of (6 to 10 hours) battery time.
- It should also be an affordable and Budget-friendly laptop.
Now you know these, let’s quickly see the list of best laptops for a college student in 2021.
15 Best Laptop for College Students 2021
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3
- MacBook Pro 15
- Dell XPS 13
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pro
- Samsung Notebook 9
- Microsoft Surface Go
- Microsoft Surface Pro
- Asus ZenBook 14
- Huawei MateBook X Pro
- Acer Swift 7
- Razer Blade 13
- LG Gram 13
- Lenovo Yoga 730
- Lenovo Flex 6 14
- Acer Aspire 5 Slim
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is the first on our list here and it’s one of the best laptops for college students.
The Surface Laptop 3 was released in Oct 2020 and has something different more than the Surface Laptop 2.
This is a 15-inch variant laptop powered by AMD processor of Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 5.
The overall design, aesthetics, and colors are very much okay. It can be used virtually anywhere and in college.
Other features of the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 include;
- USB-A, USB-C, and headphone jack.
- 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD
- 2496 x 1664 display resolution
- 8 hours of battery life.
- 15 inches etc.
2. MacBook Pro 15
The Apple MacBook Pro 15 is a Powerful Pro Notebook laptop with an elegant and thin design.
This laptop is a luxury for money guys but has super-fast performance and smooth operations.
If you want the best CPU performance and a portable laptop with a sleek thin design, then Macbook Pro 15 is the one.
Here are some specifications of MacBook Pro 15 Laptops:
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7 – i9AMD Radeon Pro 555X – 560X and Intel UHD Graphics 630
- 16GB-32GB RAM and 512-4TB SSD
- 15.4 inches, 2880 x 1800 Retina display.
- 10 hours battery life etc.
3. Dell XPS 13
Dell XPS 13 is another powerful laptop that you can get as a college student in 2021.
Dell XPS 13 and XPS 15 are among the best Dell laptops which have been the most favorite laptops for some people.
The laptop is very much portable, has a nice display and powerful performance.
This is one of the best laptops for college students 2021 of which you can’t afford to miss getting it.
Other features of the Dell XPS 13 Laptop include;
- 8th Gen Core i7-8565U processor.
- 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD.
- 2.7 Ibs weight for the design.
- 0.5 inches in thickness.
- White and Silver Color.
- 12hours 30mins battery life.
Samsung Notebook 9 Pro is one of the best budget laptops for college students with a fantastic look.
This laptop is one of the strong competitors in the laptop world.
The laptop is very much strong, durable, and portable made available for every college student.
Some features and specifications of Samsung Notebook 9 Pro Includes:
- 7th Gen Intel Core i7
- Intel HD Graphics 620 – AMD Radeon Graphics (2GB GDDR5)
- 8GB – 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD
- 13.3 inch – 15.6 inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) Display
- 6 hours battery life
- Budget-oriented laptop.
Samsung Notebook 9 comes in handy the same as its other Pro version.
However, this is one of the Notebooks on our list of best laptops for college students.
This laptop has a high incredible performance with fantastic features on both software and hardware.
The laptop comes in 13 – 15 inch size and 0.6 thickness which is extremely sleek and portable for students and home use.
It comes with a touchpad and fingerprint scanner with nice spacing between the punching keys.
Other specifications of Samsung Notebook 9 Includes:
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7
- Nvidia GeForce MX150 Graphics
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD
- 13.3-inch FHD LED Screen
- 8 – 12 hours of battery life.
This is another laptop for students made available by Microsoft having elegant designs and graphics.
The laptop is a 2 in 1 laptop which serves as a tablet and also convertible to a laptop.
Microsoft Surface Go has a beautiful design with a great performance for high-quality users.
More other specifications about Microsoft Surface Go Laptop includes:
- Intel Premium Gold 4415Y
- Intel HD Graphics 615
- 4GB – 8GB RAM
- 64GB eMMC – 128GB SSD Storage
- 10-inch, 1,080 x 1,200 Screen Resolution
- USB-C Port and MicroSD card reader slot
- 9 hours of battery life.
Microsoft Surface Pro is a widely used 2 in 1 laptop with a sleek design and good portability.
This is the best 2 in 1 laptop for college students, and it is powerful enough for multitasking.
The laptop has a size of 12.3 inches which is foldable and can be used as a tablet.
Microsoft Surface Pro is solid, has high durability, and also with a good performance.
The laptop comes with a stand at the back which you can use to position the laptop at any angle you want.
Some specifications and features of Microsoft Surface Pro Laptop includes;
- Intel Core i5 Processor
- 4GB RAM and 128GB storage as SSD
- 12.3 inches 2736 x 1823 panel
- Laudable and Amazing Speakers
- Very nice and precise touchpad
- 2 in 1 laptop (Laptop/Tablet View)
- 13 Hours Battery Life.
Asus Zenbook 14 is another amazing laptop you can get out there as a college student.
This laptop is highly durable with a great performance, and beautiful aesthetics.
The Asus Zenbook is one of the best ultra-books lightweight portable laptops.
Other features of the Asus Zenbook 14 Laptop include;
- 10th Gen Core i7-10510U processor.
- USB-C and USB-A.
- MicroSD card reader, HDMI, and a headphone jack.
- 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD
- GeForce MX250 GPU
- Screenpad 2.0 for handwriting, Numpad, or simple secondary screen.
- 8 hours battery life etc.
Huawei Matebook X Pro is an awesome premium laptop and also one of the best laptops for college students.
This laptop has a very decent look and stunning display for students to use in many ways.
However, one bothering thing about the laptop is the high price, aside from that, every other thing about the system is good.
The system has an interesting keypad with a thin signature and faster typing speed.
Some specifications and features of Huawei Matebook X Pro includes;
- 8th Gen i7-8550U Processor.
- 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD.
- GeForce MX150 dedicated GPU.
- 3k resolution display.
- 2.7 lbs in weight.
- 0.6 inches in thickness.
- Thunderbolt 3, USB-C, USB-A, and 3.5mm audio jack.
- 10 hours of battery life.
10. Acer Swift 7
Acer Swift 7 Laptop is another powerful laptop made available for every college student.
This laptop has a thin and lightest surface with maximum portability which you can carry about to anywhere.
However, the laptop has a top-notch sleek design but you ought to be careful with it to avoid getting cracked.
One bad side of the Acer Swift 7 laptop is that it has shorter battery life.
If you’re looking for one of the best laptops for college 2021 with a thin design and lightweight, then this is a good fit for you.
Other features of Acer Swift 7 Laptop includes:
- Core i7-8500Y Processor
- 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD.
- Intel 615 for graphics.
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports and headphone jack.
- 5hours Battery life.
Razer Blade 13 Laptops is another powerful laptop made available for college students and gamers as well.
If you’re a gamer or looking for a good gaming laptop, then you can consider having this at hand.
As a college student, you might have some hobbies besides only college work and studying.
Hence, if your hobbies or side work is for playing games in your leisure time, then this laptop is for you.
This is an ultraportable gaming laptop with high performance and powerful features.
Some of the features of Razer Blade 13 Laptops includes;
- Intel Core i7-8565U Processor
- 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD
- Nvidia MX150 graphics card
- FHD Display
- Slim and Stylish design
- USB-A and USB-C Thunderbolt 3 on each side
- Over 8hours battery life.
12. LG Gram 13
LG Gram 13 is a very nice laptop with a powerful performance for a long time now.
This laptop is extremely a lightweight and powerful laptop which you can carry about to anywhere.
The laptop is cheap, affordable, budget-friendly, and perfect for college students.
You can get the LG Gram 13 laptop at the rate of $800 to 1000 dollars.
Other features and specifications of LG Gram 13 Laptop include:
- Silver and White Colors
- 8th Gen Core i5 Processor
- 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD
- Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Over 10 hours of battery life.
- Very much Affordable.
13. Lenovo Yoga 730
This is another 2 in 1 design laptop made available for college students with a strong and good performance.
The Yoga laptop made by Lenovo is very durable and makes students’ life in college easy.
Some of the specifications of Lenovo Yoga 730 Laptop includes;
- 2 in 1 Laptop design
- 8th Gen Core i5-8250U Processor
- 8GB RAM and 512GB Storage
- 13.3 inches 1080p display
- USB-A port, 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports, and headphone jack
- Weighs 2.7 lbs
- 0.6 inches thickness
- 7 hours of battery life
- Budget-friendly Laptop.
14. Lenovo Flex 6 14
Lenovo Flex 6 is one of the Best Student Laptops 2021 made available for college and high school students.
This laptop is very much budget-friendly and has an appealing price tag for one to afford it.
The laptop provides a quality workhorse performance making it durable and efficient for long-lasting work.
Other features and specifications of Lenovo Flex 6 14 Laptop include:
- Intel Premium 4415U – Intel Core i5-8250U.
- Intel HD Graphics 620.
- 8GB DDR4 RAM.
- 256GB SSD storage.
- 14-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) screen resolution.
- USB-C 3.1, 2 USB 3.0, HDMI port, SD Card slot, and headphone jack.
- Over 8 hours of battery life.
- Mid-range and budget-friendly laptop.
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop is the last on our list here but not the least.
If you’re looking for a very low cost, cheap and durable laptop for college, then this is it.
This laptop can be gotten at a rate of $500 or below. It has a good performance as well.
Some of the features of the Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop includes;
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U Processor
- 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD
- 16.6 inches 1080p display
- Type-A, Type-C, HDMI, and headphone jack
- Amazing audio sound performance.
- Very low cost and affordable.
What are the best laptops for college students under $500?
- Acer Aspire 5
- Acer Aspire E 15
- HP Stream 11
- Lenovo Chromebook Duet
- HP Chromebook x2
- Acer Swift 1
- HP Chromebook 15
- Lenovo Flex 5 Chromebook
- Samsung Chromebook 4
How to choose best laptop for college
- Decide on your budget.
- Choose the operating system.
- Select the processor and RAM.
- Figure out how much storage you need.
- Choose the graphics card.
- Choose battery.
- Choose the one that is portable.
- Must-have laptop accessories.
What are the best laptops for college students in India?
|HP Chromebook 14||Rs 49,000|
|Dell Inspiron 3493||Rs 36,895|
|Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3i||Rs 32,990|
|HP 15s||Rs 39,990|
|Apple MacBook Air (Old)||Rs 73,490|
what are the best laptop for college and gaming?
- ASUS’s Zephyrus G14
- G5 15 at Dell
- G5 15 Special Edition
- Razer Blade 15
- Alienware M15 R3
- MSI GS66 Stealth
What are the best laptops for college with long battery life?
- Dell Latitude 9510: 18:17.
- Dell Latitude 9410 2-in-1: 16:54.
- Asus ExpertBook B9450: 16:42.
- Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15: 15:44.
- LG Gram 14 2-in-1 (2020): 14:00.
- Dell Latitude 7400: 13:23.
- HP Spectre x360 (13-inch, Late 2019): 13:20.
- Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1: 13:08.
What are the best laptops for college under $300?
- HP Stream 11 (2018)
- Lenovo Chromebook Duet.
- HP Chromebook 14 (Intel)
- Lenovo IdeaPad 330.
- Lenovo Chromebook C330.
Choosing from the above list of 15 Best Laptops for College Students 2021 should be a selective process.
Think of many things, the specs, and features you want, your budget, and then before you can decide.
However, you must know the usage you have for the laptop and what purpose you want it to serve you before you decide.