Basic Immunology Functions and Disorders of the Immune System PDF
Download Basic Immunology Functions and Disorders of the Immune System PDF book free online – From Basic Immunology Functions and Disorders of the Immune System PDF:
In this updated edition of Basic Immunology, the authors continue to deliver a clear, modern introduction to immunology, making this the obvious choice for today’s busy students. Their experience as teachers, course directors, and lecturers helps them to distill the core information required to understand this complex field. Through the use of high-quality illustrations, relevant clinical cases, and concise, focused text, it’s a perfectly accessible introduction to the workings of the human immune system, with an emphasis on clinical relevance. Basic Immunology Functions and Disorders of the Immune System PDF
- Concise, clinically focused content is logically organized by mechanism for efficient mastery of the material.
- Features an appendix of clinical cases and CD molecules.
- Includes numerous full-color illustrations, useful tables, and chapter outlines.
- Focus questions within each chapter are ideal for self-assessment and review.
- Key points bolded throughout the text make it easy to locate important information.
- Presents information in a format and style that maximizes usefulness to students and teachers studying medicine, allied health fields, and biology.
- Fully updated content equips you with the latest relevant advances in immunology.
- Revised and updated artwork enhances your visual learning of important principles and reduces the excessive factual details found in larger textbooks.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1 INTRODUCTION TO THE IMMUNE SYSTEM, View less >
Nomenclature, General Properties, and Components
2 INNATE IMMUNITY, View less >
The Early Defense Against Infections
3 ANTIGEN CAPTURE AND PRESENTATION TO LYMPHOCYTES, View less >
What Lymphocytes See
4 ANTIGEN RECOGNITION IN THE ADAPTIVE IMMUNE SYSTEM, View less >
Structure of Lymphocyte Antigen Receptors and Development of Immune Repertoires
5 T CELL–MEDIATED IMMUNITY, View less >
Activation of T Lymphocytes by Cell-Associated Antigens
6 EFFECTOR MECHANISMS OF T CELL–MEDIATED IMMUNITY, View less >
Functions of T Cells in Host Defense
7 HUMORAL IMMUNE RESPONSES, View less >
Activation of B Lymphocytes and Production of Antibodies
8 EFFECTOR MECHANISMS OF HUMORAL IMMUNITY, View less >
Elimination of Extracellular Microbes and Toxins
9 IMMUNOLOGICAL TOLERANCE AND AUTOIMMUNITY, View less >
Self-Nonself Discrimination in the Immune System and Its Failure
10 IMMUNE RESPONSES AGAINST TUMORS AND TRANSPLANTS, View less >
Immunity to Noninfectious Transformed and Foreign Cells
11 HYPERSENSITIVITY, View less >
Disorders Caused by Immune Responses
12 CONGENITAL AND ACQUIRED IMMUNODEFICIENCIES, View less >
Diseases Caused by Defective Immunity
APPENDIX I, View less >
APPENDIX II, View less >
APPENDIX III, View less >
Principal Features of Selected CD Molecules
APPENDIX IV, View less >