Apply For Derek Cooper Scholarship – Post Graduate
The Standard Bank Africa, Derek Cooper Scholarship is available to graduate students who are and will ordinarily remain resident in one of the African countries in which Standard Bank is present (see full list below). Prospective candidates must demonstrate an exceptional academic track record and will need to have successfully qualified on their own merit in their application for a one-year Master’s programme at either of the following partner university institutions: Oxford, Cambridge and London School of Economics and Political Science.
A preference will be given to students commencing a course of study in one of the following programmes:
University of Oxford
- MSC programme provided by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities divisions at the University.
London School of Economics and Political Science
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Public Management and Governance
- MSc Finance
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc African Development
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
- MSc Environment and Development
University of Cambridge
- MPhil in Economics
- Mphil in Education
- Mphil in Engineering for Sustainable Development
- Mphil in Finance
- Mphil in Management
What the Standard Bank Africa, Derek Cooper Scholarship covers:
The scholarships will provide the tuition and college fee in full, and a maintenance grant (i.e. living costs incurred in the college such as rental of college accommodation, food taken in college, etc.) commensurate to the national minimum doctoral stipend of the UK Research Councils.
The Standard Bank Africa, Derek Cooper Scholarship selection process:
The scholarships will be awarded annually, and the selection process will be managed through the University application process.
How to apply for the Standard Bank Africa, Derek Cooper Scholarship:
Please be advised that you will be required to apply for your programme of choice as well as funding. Application dates vary for each institution. Please therefore refer to your University of choice for application dates.
Applications should be channeled directly through each University website, as follows:
- For Oxford applications
- For London School of Economics and Political Science applications
- For Cambridge applications
The application offices of the above universities can be contacted directly for assistance in completing the documentation required. The prerequisite forms and contact details can all be found on their respective websites.
Note: If applying for Cambridge, it is important that you list Magdalene College as your first preference in order to be considered for the Scholarship. Students will be required to complete The Standard Bank Africa, Derek Cooper application form which can be obtained through the Graduate Tutor’s assistant via [email protected]